Thank you Australia - To Kill An American

Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 AM
boonesracing
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Thank you Australia - To Kill An American

Always a good reminder of what others think of our country, plus we have our own anti-Americans living in this country then we do abroad. Think about it.......... bet just in this email I will hit several of you!

NOTE: With a new president, remember, we are Americans first and then we are Democrat or Republicans............

Written by an Australian Dentist

To Kill an American
You probably missed this in the rush of news, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper, an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. ( Good one, mate!!!!)

'An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan.The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.&n bsp;

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.

The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan . Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America .

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11 , 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself . Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:10 AM
nghollis
APPRENTICE

Thank You!!! My hats off to you Sr. for posting this and also to the orginal author. Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 09:15 AM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

x2
Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Very nice.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

dang good post.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

wow......I got all teared up with American Pride while I read this. It is amazing how many peoples around the world really do love and respect America for which it stands and the real American spirit that We the People have within us. Why is it folks who do not live here, the ones saying the most profound and wonderful things about our blessed country, and not ALL of our own 'leaders' ? I have heard ZERO of this from the Dems and very limited from the Repubs. Political Correctness and not wanting to offeeeeend someone is why. This country was built on American Pride. We gotta renew that feeling in order to survive the coming storm. Stay informed gang !
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

"can't we all just live togther"
good article it made me think of this song if you want to hear it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeWyM...eature=related
if not, can't we all just live together? :wink:
Old 12-04-2008, 10:54 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

WOW,what more can one say...
Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
boonesracing
JUNIOR BUILDER

I read this on another forum I thought it was so good that I had to repost it to share it with Y'all But it is so true!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Get out that brand new roll of duct tape ! You're gonna need to wrap your head up tight to keep it from exploding;
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

http://www.billoreilly.com/newslette...75C4?pid=24709

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -