Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Mono shock front suspension dragsters

  1. #1

    Mono shock front suspension dragsters

    hey i'm looking at buying a mono shock front suspension dragster that is 235" long but is a hardtail in the rear does anybody have any input on this type of dragster if so please either post it on here or give me a call 601-720-5139 thanks
    Kevin

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: Mono shock front suspension dragsters

    Quote Originally Posted by sgchevy2nova
    hey i'm looking at buying a mono shock front suspension dragster that is 235" long but is a hardtail in the rear does anybody have any input on this type of dragster if so please either post it on here or give me a call 601-720-5139 thanks
    Kevin
    Kevin is it a diamond front shock setup ? If so I can give you some good info
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  3. #3
    yes it is a diamond front end

  4. #4
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by sgchevy2nova
    yes it is a diamond front end

    Here is my best thoughts on this, as good as a rear suspended car No, does it help yes. Helps in a few ways,
    1. The main reason I have it on my car even with the rear suspension, a typical 4 link/swingarm car lifts the left front tire up and out of the beams, the front suspension leaves both front tires on the ground improving your reaction times.

    2. It helps with chassis flex on small bumps on a track, and on the brakes.Not saying you can slam them like you can with a rear suspended car but can get on them harder then a slipjoint or hardtail car. A little safer setup IMO

    3. In the pits, your body wont be hurting the next day after one of the tracks that has less then great pits, you really have to hit a hole hard to even feel it.

    Most people go the front suspension route because its a cheaper alternative to doing the rear suspension. Diamonds front setup is the nicest out there and works great. If you would like any other info about them feel free to give me a call tomorrow 517-677-6406
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  5. #5
    thank you for all the input its helped alot i just haven't ever really heard of the front suspension on dragsters and i didnt want to trade my corvette off that works amazing for a dragster that had a suspension on the front incase it wasnt any good but once again thanks for the input on this its really helped alot

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hobbs, NM
    Posts
    842
    David problably knows as much as anyone one front suspension dragster. But although the front suspension is better than without, if I had to choose I'd much rather have a rear suspension 4 link car with no front suspension over a front suspension no rear 4 link car. JMO

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by sgchevy2nova
    thank you for all the input its helped alot i just haven't ever really heard of the front suspension on dragsters and i didnt want to trade my corvette off that works amazing for a dragster that had a suspension on the front incase it wasnt any good but once again thanks for the input on this its really helped alot
    If you want I can take a peak at some pics of the cars and give you my input.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  8. #8
    i'd love to have a swingarm car or 4link dont get me wrong but i'm really looking to get into a dragster next year and this is the first thing that has really popped up to us is this car with the front suspension and i'm just not sure what to think about it the one person that lives down here around me says stay away from it but another person says go for it so i dont know

  9. #9
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker
    David problably knows as much as anyone one front suspension dragster. But although the front suspension is better than without, if I had to choose I'd much rather have a rear suspension 4 link car with no front suspension over a front suspension no rear 4 link car. JMO

    I agree, I have a few buddies who have only front suspended cars that swears they would drive as good as a rear suspended, problem is they havent drove a rear suspended car. Rear suspended has a lot of upsides but a front suspension has a lot of upsides over no suspension.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  10. #10
    david if you have a racespace you can go on there and search for profiles and type in cx89 and it will pop up and will have pictures of it


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy