Thread: question about building a s10 drag truck / front & rear

Junior Member APPRENTICE

question about building a s10 drag truck / front & rear

any suggestions on whos backhalf kit to use? looking to build a 1994 or newer s10 extended cab. also what about the front end. use stock frame & add rack & pinion and coil overs? any info would greatly be appreciated. also does anyone make a complete frame assy. thanks ,brian

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    DO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE TRUCK? IF NOT YOU MIGHT CHECK AROUND FOR A ROLLER OR PROJECT WITH SOME THINGS DONE ALREADY
    ALOT OF UNITS ARE FOR SALE RIGHT NOW WITH THE SEASONS OVER MOST EVERYWERE :lol: :lol:
    YOU ARE NOT FAR FROM WHERE I LIVE[ VANDALIA]--WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO RACE AT OR IS IT JUST FOR THE STREET?

LIVELY

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    My dad put a 95 together with the S&W Backhalf kit we did it all and was very simple.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

do you watch trucks on spike tv

if you watch trucks on spike tv they have a full how to on a s10 buildup including how to back half an s10

Re: question about building a s10 drag truck / front & r

Quote Originally Posted by mwestchevy
    any suggestions on whos backhalf kit to use? looking to build a 1994 or newer s10 extended cab. also what about the front end. use stock frame & add rack & pinion and coil overs? any info would greatly be appreciated. also does anyone make a complete frame assy. thanks ,brian
    check pm

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    i dont have a truck yet, i like the extended cab stepside, my friend builds rail cars so he will put the backhalf, cage & ect. in it for me. i have been looking around for trucks already done or partially done. this will be a race truck only. i will be racing it at charleston (coles county dragway) most of the time. anyone have something like this let me know. im ready to buy. thanks, brian

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

S10 Drag Truck

Good choice... i found a already back halfed s10 was pretty cheap.4500..rolling. i like S10's
    It has an Alston back half ... works well now.. of coarse there were many things i changed ..but it ran go as i bought it. Al
    Not a big dollar setup ijust did new moroso springs and QA1 front coil conversion shocks up front..Stock A arms.. with travel limiters
    Im running a alston ladder bar rear.. with double adjustable vari- shocks.
    i was running a 14.5 32 tire but that was too much.. i changed to a 13.5x 31.5 hoosier tubeless.
    Anyway good luck enjoy

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mwestchevy
    i dont have a truck yet, i like the extended cab stepside, my friend builds rail cars so he will put the backhalf, cage & ect. in it for me. i have been looking around for trucks already done or partially done. this will be a race truck only. i will be racing it at charleston (coles county dragway) most of the time. anyone have something like this let me know. im ready to buy. thanks, brian
    Brian you have a PM,
    i know where one complete tires wheels, less motor and trans, for less than $5,000.00, its been on the track but not certified,all gages,but no electronics or fuel pump, but does have the rear fuel cell. Narrowed 9" with alum ctr. section 35 spline strage axles.
    It's 5 min from my house.

If anyone else besides Brian is intrested PM me and i'll send the whole description.

Zip

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    i go to coles county--nice down to earth track!!!!!!!!--i'll look around here to see if i can find anything-------
    lively

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    thanks everybody for all the usefull info, brian