dart cloverleaf-problem with nos plate?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

Default dart cloverleaf-problem with nos plate?

hello, ive been doing a little poking around-i have a 572 tall deck with dart intake 4500 series.ive read some people mill out the the intake to cure the interuption of the full length of spray bars

question,how much should get chopped out?just the flange and not runner underneath the flange?or the flange and runners under the flange which i would think help open up plenum area to help boost higher rpm.

i called dart and they said not to chop runner in plennum.it seems like if i chop the runners that are under the flange (if i gasket match flange to match up with the big shot plate)it would open up breathing...

i dont wanna mess this up and even contemplating going with a diffrent plate like a speedtech or nitrous supply hot plate,but then perhaps the jets might not work or be diffrent...

maybe try a super victor intake,ive heard they are better than dart ($300 which is prob same cost as a diffrent plate)

what to do???

motor spins up to about 7800 rpms on the nitrous...what would you do?
thx in advance! russ
Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
zerotolerance
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

i had an indy intake for our chrysler here at the shop it was a clover design 4500 we sent it to hvh for porting. we were having distribution problems in the motor when it came back the clover was gone. we called them and they said not to worry. all they did was remove the clover at the flange and make it look like a standard 4500 intake flange. needless to say the problem we were having was solved by removing the colver. hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

thx!!!