Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: saw something Wild today

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar

saw something Wild today

i have heard of this happening but i saw it 1st hand today..

Guy pulled into the water box and did one of those 8,000 rpm burnouts :roll:

i saw someting shoot out from behind car and hit the burnout backer board...i didn't really think much of it ..my intital thoughts was piece of rubber etc..
    anyhow as the guy bunny hopped on up, whiteish/Blue smoke poured out of exhaust with faint smell of Anti-freeze......

track official had him kill the car...a friend of mine standing next to me went over and picked up the object we saw come out from under car..he held it up from a distance and i said "ahh haa".....a blown out freeze plug...WRONG !...it was the entire freaking Exhaust valve (minus stem)....i have heard of this happening but never seen hit with my own eye's...what a freakin trip..

sound like someone throwing a SILVER DOLLAR on the track..... :shock:

Anyone ever see this happen before ?
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    :shock: :shock: Never heard of that happening :? :?
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Wow....see that is the kind of thing that makes me think the guys that stand on the starting line next to the cars are crazy. What if the thing goes kaboom and a piece of a rod or something comes flying out?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    the camera man on pinks all out got hit by the cap of the u-joint on one of the shows.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    Best I have seen was from many moons ago... A friend shot both kits to a sbc Chevy II he had and it broke all the main caps and broke the stock 'glide input shaft. The entire rotating assembly dropped onto the track... :shock:
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by sds10racer
    the camera man on pinks all out got hit by the cap of the u-joint on one of the shows.
    I seen that episode. Man got wrapped up and continued working. I believe I would have been gun shy.

Chris

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    bjuice how did your car run?

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Mike i am going next Weekend. decided to GUT ALL old wiring and rewire the ENTIRE car and put in some updated electronic stuff, along with wiring it for a 2 stages of NOS,delay box,electric shifter and new switch panel ( 8 panel ACR with the NOS armed switch) I got one of my wiring guru friends to help me with this project.This is a major wiring job that is not my strong point.. we should have it by done middle of next week
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Years ago I saw a door car break a rear u-joint on the burn out. It went up through the alum interior and punched a big hole out of the roof of the car. :shock: As far as I know they didn't find the part. Who knows how far it went.

I saw an altered have the driveshaft come loose on the burn out and smack the driver in the nuts. It bent the center of the seat up a good 2 or 3 inches. I still remember him down on his knees against the wall.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    I saw a grudge car (truck actually) throw a spark plug into someones leg. They think he was working on it and left the plug laying on the cowl and it fell out and one of his slicks picked it up.