Thread: glide troubles

glide troubles

i got a 77 nova with a glide 4 10 gears 4500 stall small block chevy bout 450 horse and the car wont move should i keep the glide put higher gears in or use a turbo 350?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    keep the glide, what happened? Possibly broke the input shaft if its stock.

glide

it seams 2 go in 2 first an second it just wount move the car good i ran it an i cant get the thing 2 come out of the hole hard it was runing 14s an it should definitly be goin better than that i had the motor with a 3 speed 3.73 rearend in my other car waying 3800 runing 12.79s im gessin this car at 3200 at most

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    You need more rear gear in a car that heavy if you are gona run a glide. You say it has about 450 horsepower...that low of a power level in a heavy car you got to get it rolling. Depending on the tire size and rpm limits of the engine I'd guess 4.56 to 4.88 gears.

That's my opinion.

powerglides 77 nova

im going to try a lower stall converter but not sure if a 28-3200 or 32-3600 would be better , like i said i have 4.11 gears and cant afford the rear i want . to at least mid 12s.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    what about putting a bigger cam to make more power whit that converter.