no sell junk
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

dont buy a chassis on racing junk

Old 11-04-2008, 05:21 AM
purdine92
SHOW GUEST

Default dont buy a chassis on racing junk

Hello> This is regards to ad number 1354155> I was the origional owner of this car. I sold it to some one in grand rapids> michigan for 700.00> I ran a ad on racing junk to sell this chassis purdine92> I am in Taylor, mi> Ad says 2006> Fact it is a 2004 I bought it new from port city> Ad says used one season> Fact I raced it for 3 seasons> Ad says never clipped> Fact I had it clipped in 2006 at port city> Ad says car is straight> Fact car is not straight, The right front strut arm mount is bent towards> the rear of car> If need be call me at 734-777-2621-cell, 734-941-1460-work>
Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

How is it RJ's fault? How can they screen an add like that? How would they verify the info in the ad? If RJ did verify an ad, you bought the item and found out it was misrepresented, Who would be responsible the seller or RJ?

I guess that's why they say "buyer beware".
Did you report it to RJ?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
purdine92
SHOW GUEST

Default it may or maynot be

i emailed and called rj
they said it is not there responsibility to show discrepency over any ad.
i offered documentation from portcity as to the factual history of the chassis. rj denied its integrity stating that i still had to prove the statements.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by slowmotion
How is it RJ's fault? How can they screen an add like that? How would they verify the info in the ad? If RJ did verify an ad, you bought the item and found out it was misrepresented, Who would be responsible the seller or RJ?

I guess that's why they say "buyer beware".
Did you report it to RJ?

I kind of agree with slowmotion here....the site however it was originally set up has been here for years and expanded and adapted extremely well to the changing conditions on the web and it trying to include everybody....and it is and always was buyer beware as with anything bought used or from other venders....I understand the complaint but we as members here kind of police our selves and usually know who and how to buy from each other and a bond exists and you know when somebody is trying to pull the wool over your eyes because the deal is either too good to be true, no pictures, or pictures when they get a down payment....and so forth....Tom and PJ have done a better than average job here...and with any classifieds it is buyer beware :wink: :wink:
Old 11-13-2008, 06:49 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Why not buy on RJ? Theyre letting you put this thread up to help rectify the situation. Where else would this get this attention. RJ is not perfect, but they dont have the manpower or resourses to investigate each ad. Thats our job as a buyer. And I appreciate you putting this thread up to help inform everyone about that post. Every solution is not instantaneous but still can be accomplished. Hopefully the originator of that ad will change it.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I sent this to Ryanracing, the person who posted the ad. Maybe we will get his side.

Subject: Questioning your ad on the forum
Re: Ad #1354155 - 2006 Port City Perimeter Chassis

This is the link on RJ forum questioning the authenticity of your ad.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...asc&highlight=

Thanks for you time,
Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
I sent this to Ryanracing, the person who posted the ad. Maybe we will get his side.

Subject: Questioning your ad on the forum
Re: Ad #1354155 - 2006 Port City Perimeter Chassis

This is the link on RJ forum questioning the authenticity of your ad.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...asc&highlight=

Thanks for you time,
I also did back on nov 4th, he didnt chime in yet. Maybe we both of us saying something he will.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
ryanracing55
SHOW GUEST

not sure how all this got started, I got this chassis with a race car/team I bought a few months ago. The car is very clean and did not show anything being bent when we put the lasers on it! If you are interested in the chassis please come and take a look at it, its a great deal!. Its a great chassis. and as we know port city builds some good stuff.
Ryan
Old 11-13-2008, 03:55 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: dont buy a chassis on racing junk

Originally Posted by purdine92
Hello> This is regards to ad number 1354155> I was the origional owner of this car. I sold it to some one in grand rapids> michigan for 700.00> I ran a ad on racing junk to sell this chassis purdine92> I am in Taylor, mi> Ad says 2006> Fact it is a 2004 I bought it new from port city> Ad says used one season> Fact I raced it for 3 seasons> Ad says never clipped> Fact I had it clipped in 2006 at port city> Ad says car is straight> Fact car is not straight, The right front strut arm mount is bent towards> the rear of car> If need be call me at 734-777-2621-cell, 734-941-1460-work>

Un-real ! :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-20-2008, 06:17 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:? :? It's up to the buyer to insure what he/she is buying is a good item in good working order, not RJ period :!: :!: :!:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -