View Poll Results: should racing junk offer more/better screening

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes screen ads

    6 75.00%
  • no sell junk

    2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: dont buy a chassis on racing junk

  1. #1

    dont buy a chassis on racing junk

    Hello> This is regards to ad number 1354155> I was the origional owner of this car. I sold it to some one in grand rapids> michigan for 700.00> I ran a ad on racing junk to sell this chassis purdine92> I am in Taylor, mi> Ad says 2006> Fact it is a 2004 I bought it new from port city> Ad says used one season> Fact I raced it for 3 seasons> Ad says never clipped> Fact I had it clipped in 2006 at port city> Ad says car is straight> Fact car is not straight, The right front strut arm mount is bent towards> the rear of car> If need be call me at 734-777-2621-cell, 734-941-1460-work>

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Staunton, IL
    Posts
    943
    How is it RJ's fault? How can they screen an add like that? How would they verify the info in the ad? If RJ did verify an ad, you bought the item and found out it was misrepresented, Who would be responsible the seller or RJ?

    I guess that's why they say "buyer beware".
    Did you report it to RJ?

  3. #3

    it may or maynot be

    i emailed and called rj
    they said it is not there responsibility to show discrepency over any ad.
    i offered documentation from portcity as to the factual history of the chassis. rj denied its integrity stating that i still had to prove the statements.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    out of my mind in Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion
    How is it RJ's fault? How can they screen an add like that? How would they verify the info in the ad? If RJ did verify an ad, you bought the item and found out it was misrepresented, Who would be responsible the seller or RJ?

    I guess that's why they say "buyer beware".
    Did you report it to RJ?

    I kind of agree with slowmotion here....the site however it was originally set up has been here for years and expanded and adapted extremely well to the changing conditions on the web and it trying to include everybody....and it is and always was buyer beware as with anything bought used or from other venders....I understand the complaint but we as members here kind of police our selves and usually know who and how to buy from each other and a bond exists and you know when somebody is trying to pull the wool over your eyes because the deal is either too good to be true, no pictures, or pictures when they get a down payment....and so forth....Tom and PJ have done a better than average job here...and with any classifieds it is buyer beware :wink: :wink:

  5. #5
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hobbs, NM
    Posts
    842
    Why not buy on RJ? Theyre letting you put this thread up to help rectify the situation. Where else would this get this attention. RJ is not perfect, but they dont have the manpower or resourses to investigate each ad. Thats our job as a buyer. And I appreciate you putting this thread up to help inform everyone about that post. Every solution is not instantaneous but still can be accomplished. Hopefully the originator of that ad will change it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hobbs, NM
    Posts
    842
    I sent this to Ryanracing, the person who posted the ad. Maybe we will get his side.

    From: dparker To: ryanracing55 Date: 2008-11-13 10:56:22
    Subject: Questioning your ad on the forum
    Re: Ad #1354155 - 2006 Port City Perimeter Chassis

    This is the link on RJ forum questioning the authenticity of your ad.

    http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...asc&highlight=

    Thanks for you time,

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker
    I sent this to Ryanracing, the person who posted the ad. Maybe we will get his side.

    From: dparker To: ryanracing55 Date: 2008-11-13 10:56:22
    Subject: Questioning your ad on the forum
    Re: Ad #1354155 - 2006 Port City Perimeter Chassis

    This is the link on RJ forum questioning the authenticity of your ad.

    http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...asc&highlight=

    Thanks for you time,
    I also did back on nov 4th, he didnt chime in yet. Maybe we both of us saying something he will.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  8. #8
    not sure how all this got started, I got this chassis with a race car/team I bought a few months ago. The car is very clean and did not show anything being bent when we put the lasers on it! If you are interested in the chassis please come and take a look at it, its a great deal!. Its a great chassis. and as we know port city builds some good stuff.
    Ryan

  9. #9
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville s.c.
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: dont buy a chassis on racing junk

    Quote Originally Posted by purdine92
    Hello> This is regards to ad number 1354155> I was the origional owner of this car. I sold it to some one in grand rapids> michigan for 700.00> I ran a ad on racing junk to sell this chassis purdine92> I am in Taylor, mi> Ad says 2006> Fact it is a 2004 I bought it new from port city> Ad says used one season> Fact I raced it for 3 seasons> Ad says never clipped> Fact I had it clipped in 2006 at port city> Ad says car is straight> Fact car is not straight, The right front strut arm mount is bent towards> the rear of car> If need be call me at 734-777-2621-cell, 734-941-1460-work>


    Un-real ! :shock:
    Bjuice..

    "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

  10. #10
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Abingdon,Virginia
    Posts
    3,579
    :? :? It's up to the buyer to insure what he/she is buying is a good item in good working order, not RJ period :!: :!: :!:
    Head's up the true drag race!!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy