Thread: More Injection Questions

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

More Injection Questions

Is it worth the money to have my injection flowed to match my engine? Its causing me a lot of headaches but my engine builder says it not worth it. I see other injections run and they are so smooth on idle and making awesome power and mine idles like $hit and not making the power it should. My problem is my engine builder can't find the specs of the cam he stuck in it and the flow numbers on the heads. I can give them all the other info like rear gears, tires, etc., all the easy stuff. I guess I can have the heads re-flowed and surely there's a part number on the cam? I really want to put on the bottle but I can't get it to run right as it sits now(I'm getting my butt kicked by the nitrous guys). By the way, its a NA SBC. What do you all think?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: More Injection Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mudder81
    Is it worth the money to have my injection flowed to match my engine? Its causing me a lot of headaches but my engine builder says it not worth it. I see other injections run and they are so smooth on idle and making awesome power and mine idles like $hit and not making the power it should. My problem is my engine builder can't find the specs of the cam he stuck in it and the flow numbers on the heads. I can give them all the other info like rear gears, tires, etc., all the easy stuff. I guess I can have the heads re-flowed and surely there's a part number on the cam? I really want to put on the bottle but I can't get it to run right as it sits now(I'm getting my butt kicked by the nitrous guys). By the way, its a NA SBC. What do you all think?

What brand of injection ?

Yes the cam should have the part # on it, head flowing is cheap and easy also.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    Its an Enderle, the hat is actually a blower birdcatcher that is custom mounted to a tunnel ram. The nozzles are down low in the runners like a normal Enderle is set-up. The bungs for the nozzles in the hat are empty.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mudder81
    Its an Enderle, the hat is actually a blower birdcatcher that is custom mounted to a tunnel ram. The nozzles are down low in the runners like a normal Enderle is set-up. The bungs for the nozzles in the hat are empty.
    Call jim at Enderle ( California) he is the PRO at this..he can get you very close over the phone with all of it..(Nozzels,main Jets,by-pass,Barrell valve..etc...)

been there done that
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    O'K i probably donot need my nose in this discussion, but i have been there with some engines i have set up. As far as the setup, you need 18as to 20as nozzles in the manifold, and they need to be in the lower manifold. You need to set the leak down on the barral valve at 30% for starters. Run the engine and crank the barrel valve adjustment down until it burps when you crack the throttle, increase by 1/2 turn on the linkage and it should respond without a stutter. I'm not saying it will work in every situation, but the last car i setup ran 5.80's, it was a 565" and the car a 55 chevy weighed 4100lbs..

Zip.