Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of us remember, i know i do.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Some of us remember, i know i do.

The cars we drove in (STEREO) this really brings back memories to me.

Zip.

http://thefiftiesandsixties.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

Well Zip... I wish I could say the same. I was born the same year of the Chevelle LS6. I wish I could have been in those days when it was not uncommon to see a 40 Ford coupe crusin' around... or built flatheads.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby
    Well Zip... I wish I could say the same. I was born the same year of the Chevelle LS6. I wish I could have been in those days when it was not uncommon to see a 40 Ford coupe crusin' around... or built flatheads.
    Well riggs, i've owned almost 1/2 of the cars posted here in my life time and have ofcourse sold them. Today i wish that i had a lot of them back. Man my first trophy car was a 1939 LaSalle, but i've had fords with caddy engines and 40 fords with flatheads. WoW!! those were the days and i wish i could go back to them.

Zip.

Yeah... I wish I could have been there. My dad had a 40 'Ford coupe w/a Merc flathead that he showed me... man it was cool. Anyways, My generation started turning to JUNK like Hondas with Monza tips. It's like the difference between Ronald Regan & Barrack Hussein Obama.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Very neat video Zip. I remember most of the pics on the video. I'm glad I was there to see it first hand. Nothing like the old days.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

old cars!!!!

Neat video Zip,

I got my license in 1970. My first car was a 1965 Galaxie 500.

I remember alot of the 50's style hot rods, there were still plenty of them left when I was a kid. A few survived into the 70's. I remember the gas crunch of 73-74 pretty much dented the car culture. Only those of us that REALLY wanted to play with cars soldiered on.

Of all the cars I had and disposed of, the one I regret was a 1965 GTO with the 389 tripower. That car was a beast, two tone red and white with a red interior and a Hurst shifter. Those were the days.

Another thing I remember, had a cousin, her husband drag raced a series of Corvettes. I recall marveling at all the trophies he used to have. Star struck a small boy.
    Robert Swartz
    Swartz & Lane 1966 Chevy II
    Swartz & Lane 1979 Firebird H/CM
    You don't learn much when everything goes right.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

first car

here in my home town you had to be in 2 groups, jocks and "others" well i was sorta in both. i to got my license in 1974 and my first car like walnut was a 66 ford galaxie. man you could sneak the neighbor hood into the drive inn. best car for the money was 2 of them a 68 rs camaro 4 speed and a 68 drop top corvette with a i believe a 427 had the 3 2s 4 speed and it also came with the removiable hard top as well. had a 71 cuda 74 [2] camaro... mike
    to finish first: first you have to finish!

Just think the kids today will have the fast and furious (import cars to reminisce with). How sad.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    I remember those days my first car was a 1964 sportfury with a 383 big block with a 4 bbl carb, and you a''ll know i just had to do up grades to it.
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Zip,
    Very cool video! I ain't quite old enough to remember those days, still very cool video though.
    Pisses me off to think my first car was a VW bug with rusted through floorpans. But hey, it got me off the school bus!!