Thread: Cam, Springs and Torque Converter. What Should Buy??

Cam, Springs and Torque Converter. What Should Buy??

I have a 98 Camaro with a chevrolet 383 w/ a Holley Double Pumper Carb. , Flat Top pistons with 6 in. rods and a set of 291 Heads and a 373 rear-end. This is a drag car project. I will be racing a 1/4 mile with this car.

I need some suggestions on a Cam, and springs and a Torque Converter with a good stall to match since the transmission needs rebuilding anyway. I want the best proformance possible without wasting alot of money. We are on a low budget with this car. Give me your ideas.

Thanks for the help,
    Dillon Miller

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: Cam, Springs and Torque Converter. What Should Buy??

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime12
    I have a 98 Camaro with a chevrolet 383 w/ a Holley Double Pumper Carb. , Flat Top pistons with 6 in. rods and a set of 291 Heads and a 373 rear-end. This is a drag car project. I will be racing a 1/4 mile with this car.

I need some suggestions on a Cam, and springs and a Torque Converter with a good stall to match since the transmission needs rebuilding anyway. I want the best proformance possible without wasting alot of money. We are on a low budget with this car. Give me your ideas.

Thanks for the help,
    Dillon Miller
    Hey Dillon....first think about how fast you want to go then we can go from there 12's 11's....?

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    YOU BOUGHT CAM ALREADY?YOU SAID ON A DIFFRENT SECTION YOU SELECTED A 3800-7200 CAM?

IF I WAS YOU ID GO WITH EITHER COMP CAMS EXTREME LINE OR VODOO CAM BY LUNATI. YOU SAID YOUR ON A BUDGET THOSE ARE MY TOP 2!!!'