bewaire of johnthetrader #78932

Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 AM
george57
SHOW GUEST

Default bewaire of johnthetrader #78932

:evil: I believed what johnthetrader said and showed me by some picture in his add I sent him a deposit drove five hundred and forty miles one way to find the car was a pile of junk,rustbucket . beware then he wont give my deposit back that kind of bis is wrong[ how many other people did he do that to you could make good money that waycolor=darkred][/color]
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 AM
johnthetrader
SHOW GUEST

man sent me two hundred dollars he told me that the car was sold i pulled off the internet lost the other byers, he showed up picked the car apart after holding me up for a week the next person that looked at this car bought it so i didnt feel that he had anything come back. deposites are for that reson. this was a 69 camaro that was listed the wright way this man tried to get for nothing this was a 12000 dollar car i was selling for 8500 i will send anybody the pics if they would need more proof. i am not that way i also told him everything about this car.so i feel that 200 was not bad for wasting my time anybody would the same thing... any questions feel free to call me.... :roll:
Old 12-15-2008, 12:43 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Money back

Personally, I would have given his money back. You sold the car, so you are out nothing. If the car had been what he expected I am sure he would have bought it. People don't drive over a thousand miles round trip just to say they changed their mind. I think you owe him the money. JMO...
Old 12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

JUST POST SOME PICS ON HERE AND LET US SEE THEM------PLUS YOU HAVE NOT SAID -EITHER ONE OF YOU-WHAT WAS WRONG OR TOLD WAS WRONG WITH THE CAR ops: ops:
KIND OF A HE SAID THIS AND HE SAID THAT SCENARIO :shock: :shock: IF THE CAR WAS NOT DESCRIBED CORRECTLY THEN YOU OWE HIM THE MONEY-PERIOD!!!!!!!!!
IF HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET YOU DOWN MORE -THEN IT IS HIS OWN FAULT[ ESPECIALLY IF HE ALREADY AGREED TO TAKE THE CAR]
MY HONEST OPINION :cry: :cry:
LIVELY
Old 12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Deposit

I just had the same deal about a month ago-I took a deposit on a toyota I was selling & the rest was due the next day-The people called me & told me they couldnt get the loan-I sold the car about 10 minutes later to a friend sitting on the porch with me-The guy told me to forget about the deposit but I returned it to them thru the mail-He did call & thank me-It cost me nothing-I got what I was asking for the car & also went away feeling good. Im sure holding the car for a week didnt hurt you that much? If the car was what was advertised (to him)Im sure he would have taken it??Just an opinion & I buy lots of parts on this site-Probably not many from you--But I have spent many thousands of dollars on RJ--
Not trying to put it all on you--Some of the people doing business out there are a pain in the ASS!! Thats the cost of doing business & im sure I've been the same one time or another--
Old 12-15-2008, 06:02 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I would have to agree if you sold the car and got what you were asking then by right's you owe him his money back.

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Money back

Originally Posted by fla1976
Personally, I would have given his money back. You sold the car, so you are out nothing. If the car had been what he expected I am sure he would have bought it. People don't drive over a thousand miles round trip just to say they changed their mind. I think you owe him the money. JMO...
Thats it in a nutshell. You owe the man his money. I also, would like to see the actual pictures and description you provided when you advertised the car. Regardless of why he didn't purchase the car, you still owe the man his money. PAY IT BACK!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Pay the man his money back,do the right thing,you sold the car anyway
Old 12-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

A 69 Camaro for 8500.00.... is going to need some work. Being I have one right now, I know some of the quirks about them. I see a few issues... I would not have expected a completely perfect Camaro for that price. If the buyer was lead to believe it was more of a car than what it was, that is one thing. (lets see the ad if you have nothing to hide)

If the decscription was fair & the buyer got emotional about the Camaro & started to envision a show car in the making, that is another thing... I doubt the car was presented as a numbers matching DZ 302/4spd or a former "Yenko" original if you know what I mean... it's a 8500.00 car!!

Next, 2 personalities w/a buyer & seller, dealing with a less than great car. Just what did he expect when he got there to see it?? In all fairness, the buyer had a commitment, took his ad off & held the car for the buyer... personally, I could care less if my buyer drove from another country to see it... he put his deposit down & gave a commitment to buy it. The sellers time was watsed too.

Last, who is to say is at fault here??? you can't when we were not there... still it is only an opinion anyways. If I give a deposit, it is becuse I have DONE MY HOMEWORK & feel I am a big-boy & can afford to make the deal. Talk is cheap. A deposit is REFUNDABLE or NON-REFUNDABLE which one was it??? How many times have we seen this happen here??

I think if a buyer is man enough to lay down a "NON-REFUNDABLE" deposit, he ought to suck it up with his decision...no matter what. Don't come crying about it when your OPINION differs from the seller. Be a man & learn from this.

I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here... you know I love all you guys. I just think we must live with our choices. Car deals are sketchy anyways. I think we are all accountable for our choices... good or bad. Next time, PRAY ABOUT THE DEAL... the correct answer will come.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:00 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Riggs, raises a very good point, if the people placing the adds would just specify, non refundable deposit required when listing the item/items on RJ, we wouldn't have seen this post. Actually maybe ther seller got lucky by selling the car to someone who just happened to be there. It could as just as easley went the other way. He could have had to relist the car, waited weeks maybe days for someone to do the same thing that this buyer did. Time wasted on both parties.

I take no side, just playing the devils side, no offense intended.

JMO

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -