Piston Rings

Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Piston Rings

What brand rings would you run in a 582 BBC with a vac pump on alky. Also run low tensions or no ?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Total seal sells a blower/nitrous ring that's pretty good and can stand up to nitrous. But they are about $250.00

Zip.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:01 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Piston Rings

Originally Posted by hammertime
What brand rings would you run in a 582 BBC with a vac pump on alky. Also run low tensions or no ?
If its n/a I would run the speedpro pro series rings with plasma-moly facing on the top ring I also ran that same ring set on my 598 bbc 700 shot of nitrous and they worked great 7.0s at 199 all day long now if you are blown or turbo I would go with the speed pro hell fire rings.Thats what I run on my twin turbo sbc on alky . oooya low tension for sure if you are running a vac pump hope this helps Troy C
Old 10-08-2008, 06:22 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

For n/a on alky I would go with a plasamoly top ring and a low tention oil ring.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

I run Ackerly and Childs rings. I have run them for the last 5 years and have zero problems with them. I do run nitrous and alcohol but I know they make a ring for all applications.

http://www.akerlychilds.com/