ProCharger Engine must have's

Old 09-28-2008, 06:44 AM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

Default ProCharger Engine must have's

I am thinking about replacing the nos system on my bbc (468) with a procharger system. What requirementa must I meet to do it right and not destroy the engine?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
ccso640
JOURNEYMAN

Guess it depends on how much boost you plan on making. Aluminum rods are the best for roots style superchargers making 15+ psi of boost, good forged if not billet crank, blower pistons. Now that may all change if its a street motor. Chris
Old 10-02-2008, 11:01 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I have ran a lot of roots style blowers and can help you there, but I have also just purchased a F@ procharger from Race Parts Direct. The owner is Jeff Moll Give him a call. This guy knows his stuff when it comes to prochargers 573-517-7223

If you are planning to run roots let me know and I will walk you through it.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
nosnerd
APPRENTICE

Default TWO KEY WAYS

TWO keyways on crank...

run a Snow plate...clean and simple...

al
Old 10-26-2008, 03:57 PM
nosnerd
APPRENTICE

Default oh yeah....

spare belts..or go COG...depends on combo
Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
zerotolerance
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

i dont know about anybody else but in my experience and a few of my friends lots of extra money for rebuilding the head units if they dont blow apart. the self contained units are tough on them selves. cog setup is your best bet with the belt especially if your running a f1,2,3
Old 10-29-2008, 04:41 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

double key crank and billet crank Hub...so much more to go over...man!..even on a P1SC street level procharger they will spin the impeller up around 40,000 rpm..the f race series will go 60,000 +

so much you need to do here..maybe a cam change "wider lobe seperation", o-ringed head or minimum of cometic head gaskets depeneding on yout set up. properly set up blow thru carb or i would stronly suggest electronic fuel injection..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-01-2008, 05:30 AM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

Default Blower

Originally Posted by ashbros
I have ran a lot of roots style blowers and can help you there, but I have also just purchased a F@ procharger from Race Parts Direct. The owner is Jeff Moll Give him a call. This guy knows his stuff when it comes to prochargers 573-517-7223

If you are planning to run roots let me know and I will walk you through it.
I am going to run a bds 871 blower and 2 holley 750 hp. I am going to take your suggestion and let you walk me through what else I need to do to keep this thing together. Thanks - Jim
Old 11-01-2008, 06:04 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

if you gonna spend some Money and by the looks of it ..you are ..

why not toy with the Turbo idea ?

don't know what your trying to build..but a 6lb street strip /style turbo will make a bunch more HP on an engine then 6lbs of Blower..a Big reason is No belt drag on crank.

i got a 406 ci in a 69 camaro i have plans for a turbo in the future,,just trying to decide if i want to go twin turbo or single ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-01-2008, 08:48 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
if you gonna spend some Money and by the looks of it ..you are ..

why not toy with the Turbo idea ?

don't know what your trying to build..but a 6lb street strip /style turbo will make a bunch more HP on an engine then 6lbs of Blower..a Big reason is No belt drag on crank.

i got a 406 ci in a 69 camaro i have plans for a turbo in the future,,just trying to decide if i want to go twin turbo or single ?
Run that turbo through the blower,kill blowerdrag with turbo boost. If it runs a little hot, throw in some methanol..........JK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -