paint sceme

Old 09-20-2008, 06:32 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default paint sceme

hi everyone;;i'm still building my pro/street nova 2 door sedan delivery..looking for help on coming up with a eye popping paint sceme for it;;want to use candy atomic orange and candy ultra violet and maybe a touch of silver metallic;;;want the orange to be main color;any help?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

there has got too be someone out there that does paint designs the drag cars that one be interested in making a buck or two?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:26 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hotrod..you know i like being different also..My 63 vette was Candy Red Metal Flake..not many people around that can lay that kind of paint on a car like it suppose to be..Good luck finding someone in your area..whomever you get do yourself a favor and see some of their work beforehand.

how close are you ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: paint sceme

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
hi everyone;;i'm still building my pro/street nova 2 door sedan delivery..looking for help on coming up with a eye popping paint sceme for it;;want to use candy atomic orange and candy ultra violet and maybe a touch of silver metallic;;;want the orange to be main color;any help?
when looking for something I like I just browse painter/painter designer websites usually find something I like on several different cars then try to make it my own.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
Hotrod..you know i like being different also..My 63 vette was Candy Red Metal Flake..not many people around that can lay that kind of paint on a car like it suppose to be..Good luck finding someone in your area..whomever you get do yourself a favor and see some of their work beforehand.

how close are you ?
i'm same way..don't want a plain-jane paint job.i want my car too be first thing you see in the middle of a car show/pits or where ever it my be..i do my own painting just run out of ideals for paint designs..still doing one off's on bikes i paint but some reason car is kicking my butt trying too come up with something..
not a lot done since last pic post of it.i did get the old junk cage cut out and new cage in car now.health slows me down and the cash flow isn't good on disabilty income.but i'll keep swinging at it and she'll get done.shooting for another year i'm hopping if all goes good.
how's vette doing?did i read on here that you got the nova back?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: paint sceme

Originally Posted by hammertime
when looking for something I like I just browse painter/painter designer websites usually find something I like on several different cars then try to make it my own.
yes;;i've been doing that also;;i'm finding out i like a lot of them so still confused on what one i like best..i do my own painting but i don't know how too air-brush and most of the paint jobs i like requares air-brush work;;i'm very attracted to the ripped metal look but there again it looks like you need to be able to air-brush to get the right look;;
Old 10-11-2008, 05:24 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice

how close are you ?
i'm same way..don't want a plain-jane paint job.i want my car too be first thing you see in the middle of a car show/pits or where ever it my be..i do my own painting just run out of ideals for paint designs..still doing one off's on bikes i paint but some reason car is kicking my butt trying too come up with something..
not a lot done since last pic post of it.i did get the old junk cage cut out and new cage in car now.health slows me down and the cash flow isn't good on disabilty income.but i'll keep swinging at it and she'll get done.shooting for another year i'm hopping if all goes good.
how's vette doing?did i read on here that you got the nova back?

SWEET !..I did not know you were a painter.... ops:

The Vette is now in Canada...No i did post a thread i miss the Nova but have no clue where its at this time....last i heard somewhere up Far North

I miss my Nova more than any car i had,,,

still got a 67 camaro and a 69 camaro...its enough... :!: :roll: :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 PM
SGTK
SHOW GUEST

Default paint

find someone with house of color digital paint booth like I have. you paint the car on the computer tells how much material and codes for everything.
Ron
www.ronkirkpatrickcustoms.com
Old 11-07-2008, 06:49 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

where;i found someone.jay moody from arz. has had many cars he has painted or did the paint designs for in the magazines.we've talked serval times on e-mails about my likes and dislikes and he even wanted me to call him so he can get a better feeling of what type person i am and where i'm headined with my car as to what would work best on it..i feel real good i'm going to get a exciting paint design from him.he does servial rough drawings of ideals for me to look at.i pick out the one i like best and then we talk about things i like and maybe don't like and want differant.once that is done he does the full color lay-out drawing for painter[me]to follow and dueing the full painting deal he is there if i'm running into something i need help on laying out on car..i'm excited to see what we end up with..i feel we both are on same page as to what i want the car to look like and what we feel the car needs to leave that striking moment when a person first sees the car;;wish us luck.one step closer to fininshing car.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:03 PM
200horse
APPRENTICE

IF YOU GO TO YOUTUBE.COM There is some tips ok alot of tips on air brushing. You may want to try some air brush work after you see some of these videos. Theres one guy that has a series on there good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -