Blaster ignition MSD 5900 Tacho wiring

Old 09-20-2008, 03:32 AM
chebyshubox
SHOW GUEST

Default Blaster ignition MSD 5900 Tacho wiring

Hi My first post since rejoining was a member before but had to rejoin. My question is does anyone know how to wire up a Tacho to an MSD 5900 when I am using the Purple and Green mag connections as there is no Tach connection on the MSD box. I have looked everywhere on the MSD site and can`t find anything even in their book of wiring diagrams. If I use a points distributor I think I can get an adaptor but I can`t find any way to wire one up when using the mag impulse distributor Thanks Chris
Old 09-20-2008, 07:55 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

First question what Distributer are you going to use and what coil?
Also what Tach?
Old 09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
chebyshubox
SHOW GUEST

It is an MSD billet Magnetic Pickup with a Blaster 2 coil. The Tacho is a Stewart Warner #832795. The Tacho has different wire colour coding to say an Auto meter. Green is the light, Grey is Trigger, Red is Pos ,black is Neg.
The ignition is in the car and running. The Tacho was in the car but not connected when I bought it. I have sold the car but the guy wants the tacho connected and working when he picks it up. I thought it would probably need a MSD Tach adaptor but it needs somewhere to plug it into,The blaster ignition box doesnt have a tach adaptor like a 5 or 6AL. Thanks Chris