Down Track Traction at ADW in Commerce.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
lastfbody
SHOW GUEST

Default Down Track Traction at ADW in Commerce.

I know for sure that is not me nor my car that will not get down the ADW track. So what is it that causes EVERY racer to slip and slide every weekend that they are open? They have put forth much effort in the past to repair this problem, but to no avail. I can honestly say that it is currently the wosrt that it has ever been. This is not my opinion - it is a fact, and for verification, just ask anyone who races there. Could someone please build a good track in the Atlanta area?

Hurry Up!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I do not know what nights/days or races you are speaking of at this track.but i know for sure you run at this track at a good event and the track is awesome..i have ran some of my best ET'S at Commerce.
i live 1 hour away from this track and with this Heat/Humidity ( Drought) we have been having this year (South East) many tracks are struggling to get the their tracks to work.

Altanta's one of the nicest tracks in the South East...i would be so hard on them...IMO.
Plus the 6,000 hp NHRA powerade funny cars, Prostock,Top Fuel cars get down the track just fine.
PLUS They also had one hell-of-a turn out at the pinks show a few months back..had a few friends that drug the rear bumpers thru the 100 ft mark..(took 2nd in the wheel stand contest)

What kind of car you running ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

Brian that is good to hear as we are going to the bracket finals there next month. I don't want to send my daughter down a slick track. She runs 4.80's at 143.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
lastfbody
SHOW GUEST

There is a slight chance that they may get lucky with a more aggressive track prep at the bracket finals. But it certainly will not be any where near a national event or division race surface.

Unfortunately, wishful thinking will not get you down that track. When you go there, you will see for yourself. When and if you do race there and feel like you got your money's worth afterwards, I would be totally surprised.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

http://atlantadragway.com/index.html

PINKS All Out Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATLANTA DRAGWAY RACER PAUL SMITH JR WINS PINKS ALL OUT EVENT AT ATLANTA DRAGWAY

by Tim Glover

The increasingly popular Speed TV show, Pinks All Out, came to Atlanta Dragway May 9-10, 2008 to tape another episode of its growing series. Well over 20,000 spectators (a one day attendance figure rivaled only by the NHRA Southern Nationals) packed the grandstands on both sides of the track. They definitely received their money’s worth during the event, which features nearly 500 “little guy” racers vying for a spot in the 16 car field that the show revolves around. David Harris, media relations manager for Speed said, “Never has there been so much excitement over the little guy racer.”

Six Atlanta Dragway regulars experienced the thrill of a lifetime by being selected. They were: eventual winner Paul Smith, Jr. (’98 Corvette – Alpharetta, Ga.), Wendy Moulton (’80 Camaro – Winder, Ga. – quarter-finalist), Larry Chance (’68 Camaro – Canton, Ga.- eighth-finalist), Roger Kobos (’78 Monte Carlo – Guyton, Ga. - eighth-finalist), Travis Bryant (’68 Camaro – Bowman, Ga. - eighth-finalist) and Jody Blalock (’49 Hudson – Commerce, Ga. - eighth-finalist).

In addition to the main event 16 car field, a Nate’s Quick Eight field was also contested, which paired the quickest eight cars on the grounds in what turned out to be a $6000 (cash and prizes) winner take all competition, thanks to help from several sponsors, beginning with Atlanta Dragway, which put up $500. Drama and excitement were the rule of the day, illustrated by a first round carburetor explosion and subsequent fire in Bobby Daniels’ Hurst Olds (he was unable to restart for competition). Mike Ghee’s Loganville, Ga. based ’71 Camaro was actually the second quickest car on the grounds (7.81 second quarter mile time). However, it didn’t matter in the final after opponent Alvin Conner’s ’85 Mustang broke on the starting line, allowing Ghee to take an uncontested $6000 victory.

To keep the crowd entertained while the finalist’s cars were equipped with cameras and microphones for the show, numerous exhibition runs were made. Elaine Larsen wowed the crowd with a smoke and fire show, followed by a blistering 5.588 second pass at 283.37mph in her Embry Riddle Aeronautical University jet car. Larsen’s car was also equipped with a microphone, and she kept the crowd cheering by speaking to them all the way up to the time she staged her car, and immediately after the pass while she was coasting to a stop. Danny O’Day, who recently reset the world record wheelstander elapsed time to 8.67 seconds at Gainesville Raceway, drove his Superwinch ’34 Ford wheelstander to an impressive 8.90 second time, tripping the timers with his rear wheels. The Dixie Pro Mods put on a show, along with some Pro Stock bikes, Outlaw 10.5 cars and nitromethane burning Harley motorcycles. Four of Atlanta Dragway’s Junior Dragster competitors, Cole Wood, Dylan Hutchins, Ashton McCammon and Jackie Lastinger, showed the crowd what the kids could do, running their 80 mph dragsters on an eighth mile course.

Sanctioned by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), Atlanta Dragway is located just off I-85 at Exit 149 in the Banks Crossing area of Commerce, Georgia. Information on all 2008 events, including the Super Chevy Show, may be obtained by calling the track office (706-335-2301) or logging on to www.atlantadragway.com.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
lastfbody
SHOW GUEST

Dear Bruton Smith,

If you are out there, please build us a (real) dragstrip in the Atlanta area. If not, go ahead and buy NHRA and fix the track in north Georgia so we can get our money's worth when we race there.

Thanks, All Georgia Racers
Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Looks like a nice place to me .. its all about making your car work on ALL tracks :lol:
Old 09-10-2008, 05:18 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ummm All Georgia Racers ?

"Six Atlanta Dragway regulars experienced the thrill of a lifetime by being selected. They were: eventual winner Paul Smith, Jr. (’98 Corvette – Alpharetta, Ga.), Wendy Moulton (’80 Camaro – Winder, Ga. – quarter-finalist), Larry Chance (’68 Camaro – Canton, Ga.- eighth-finalist), Roger Kobos (’78 Monte Carlo – Guyton, Ga. - eighth-finalist), Travis Bryant (’68 Camaro – Bowman, Ga. - eighth-finalist) and Jody Blalock (’49 Hudson – Commerce, Ga. - eighth-finalist). "

now i will admit when i ran my last NMCA event at Commerce..i was aggravated by the NHRA Bullcrap..extened time spent in tech lines etc...but that was NHRA'S Fault..not the track or its condition...

thats why i am a IHRA /Outlaw man..

Bring your car to shadyside dragway in boiling springs N.C...If it won't hook there you better trash your set up and start over.

lol..(all in fun)...ok i am leaving it alone now..had my fun with it..hope you get your car working soon !

Old 09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Dear Bruton Smith,
Come get this fu***ng dragstrip you built in Concord, NC. and take this economic disaster you call a "great opportuniy" to Georgia for ALL the Georgia racers! After you Georgians pay your elevated taxes to the county and state and realize you have no $ left for racing expenses, don't bitch while Bruton flies over in his Lear jet, just drive to the track and be happy you have your new track! Bruton, you have caused the BIGGEST tax increase in Cabarrus County history with your greedy character. I live in the next county and am not affected by this, but I still think it is reprehensible what you did to that county and its people. BTW Bruton, shove the Lowes Motor Speedway up your rear while you are at it!! :x

Geez, where did that come from :?: :?

What hammertime said:"Looks like a nice place to me..it's all about making your car work on ALL tracks".
Old 09-11-2008, 05:06 AM
oobob
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Guy's i'm going to agree with the original poster...
Commerce has a major problem rite now, in time runs last Saturday my car goes 4.886 and 4.891 first round 4.967
I loaned the vega to a friend in time runs it goes 6.470 and 6.487, first round 6.529
Slip sliding away, Peeps who know my cars, know they don't move more than .02 all day.

Mark