Odessey Batteries

Old 09-06-2008, 05:43 AM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

Default Odessey Batteries

Forgive me if Odessey is spelled wrong. Anyway, I see a lot of good things about this battery. it's expensive and it appears a special charger is needed. Is this true? Will the car's alternator charge this battery?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:50 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I've got 2 of them, and I'm a believer. I love them, you just have to be sure you never charge over 15 volts. Yes, your alternator will charge them fine. I keep a Battery Tender on mine at home, and use a regular battery charger at the track, since putting the alt. on my car, the track charger is for looks, I never use it anymore.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

Best money I ever spent for my car. The hold a charge just short of forever.

I know they are a lot of money but I think they are well worth it. I have buddies that have put them in a plane and a sand buggy and starting them up was always an issue. Not any more
Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Bought a new one 2 years ago to replace one that was 5 years old with no problems. Had a fellow racer smoke his gel battery at the track. I gave him my keys to my shop, he went and picked up my seven year old used battery. I told him if he charged it up it might make the race, since I hadn't touched it in 2 years. He brought it back to the track put it in his car and it fired his engine without even a charge. He gave me fifty dollars so that he could keep it after the race. They just keep going, and going.