RACING JUNK going down the tubes!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
maverick
SHOW GUEST

Default RACING JUNK going down the tubes!!!

I have been a member of RJ almost from its inception and I am amazed how the philosophy has changed and it seems to be driven by the all mighty buck. When the site started it was for racers to use to sell unneeded parts, to other racers. It has evolved into a site where I have to go through page after page of VENDORS ADS for trailers, transmissions. engines etc., to find an ad actually posted by another racer. Then there are the real estate ads, electronic ads and ads for services which are not, SUPPOSED TO BE, allowed on this site. These ads should be stopped by RJ and they should not be relying on us to report them. Theere should be a vendors special section, totally separate from the racers section. If I need a new part, I would be happy to go there and shop, but I am more interested in what the actual racers are selling. I hope this rings a bell with RJ and other members and maybe we could get the site back to what it was originally built to do. Chuck!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:31 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ADS

Chuck,
Your DEAD -ON with that!!!
I see some of these Ads getting Freshen a couple of Times a Day!
I have been here almost since the Start?
But,i think it Time to Move on!!!
Cause it SURE isnt the Same..................!
Later
G :evil:
Old 08-30-2008, 10:54 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I am new here, and I already think the way the ads are listed sucks!! I put my ad on (personal seller) and within minutes it is OFF the "most recent" ads because the DEALERS feel it is necessary to install 40 or 50 ads for motor homes, torque convertors, carbs, etc.

Why can't RJ seperate the two? Personal sellers in one area, dealers in another. :?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:19 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Yes I totally agree I too get frustrated when I'm looking for used parts and cars. Dealers and Vendors should have their own place to list their adds on this sight. Don't get me wrong everyone has stuff to sell but used stuff and new stuff should be separate. RacingJunk should be for the racers after all....who keeps Racingjunk going,its us!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:16 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

That's the bad part about it.Alot of us racers are too cheap to pay their "honor" payment,whereas the dealers are paying big bucks for all those ads and refreshing.I agree that it has changed and I am pretty new here,too.Fact is,the dealers are their bread and butter now,not us.To any high ups at RJ,don't get me wrong,I like the site and really enjoy the forum and thank you for it.But the dealers do seem to have pretty much taken over.Oh well,change is good,right? :roll:
Old 08-30-2008, 06:34 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

I ALSO FEEL AS THE OTHERS..WAY CAN'T THERE BE A SEPERATE AREA FOR USED AND ANOTHER AREA FOR NEW;;
Old 08-30-2008, 06:57 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
I ALSO FEEL AS THE OTHERS..WAY CAN'T THERE BE A SEPERATE AREA FOR USED AND ANOTHER AREA FOR NEW;;
THAT CAN NOT BE HARD TO DO :shock: :shock: :shock:
LIVELY
Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Allright!The Boss has spoken!Lively said it's time for change,so ya'll better hop to it! :lol:
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

YA!!!! What lively said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!David.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:18 AM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default A Glitch

A glitch. Thank you guys for posting this in the Forums section, this thread prompted me to to look into certain accounts and sure enough I was able to find a glitch when it comes to dealers re-posting ads. Our system will allow some certain dealers, based off of level, the ability to re-post ads, but only when the ads expire, giving some break in the complete domination of ad re-posting. This glitch was allowing dealers to re-post ads at any given time without using their value points or paying for that upgrade. I have our tech team looking to close this loop-hole right now, so in the future you should notice this practice being slowed down, because now it will make the dealers pay for this service if they want to do this.

Currently dealers only make up 10% of all the active ads posted on RJ but as you are aware with this glitch, all 10% at the top can be frustrating, hopefully this will stop that displacement of position.

We are looking to add sort functions (like price and location and days left) so this will allow you to rearrange the sorting order to your liking.

We appreciate all our members and certainly appreciate your patience when it comes to problems with the site. Keep the comments coming as we try to continue to bring you the best in what a Racing Motorsports Marketplace can provide to you.

As a gift for helping us with this, I have added $50.00 in Value Points to each account that had a comment posted prior to this one, so that you may re-post your ad(s) without having to pay for it either. Thank you for helping. We are listening to our members.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -