Crying about being screwed!!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:31 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Crying about being screwed!!

I just have to ask: When are folks going to QUIT buying stuff unseen? I have several cars for sale, upon request I can send pictures of ANY part of my cars within a very short period of time. Digital cameras are cheap enough now that everyone can own one. I can even take pictures (very clear and precise) of the INSIDES of the quarter panels! There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to take and send pictures. My advice is as follows: If a seller cannot send requested pictures, move on. See the picture below? That is the INSIDE left qtr. of my '69 Camaro.

I also need to know: Do ANY buyers check a mans references? If not, you should. References SHOULD NOT be "my buddy down the road", they ARE legit businesses in the phone book, RJ, etc. Sorry to carry on so much, it just kills me how folks let themselves get screwed, then holler about how it was the "other guys" fault. I have never been FORCED to complete a trade I didn't want to, whether it was good, bad or indifferent.

Quit crying about being screwed if you are either too busy, too lazy or just don't want to "ride all that way" to inspect the car. How about an appraiser? Two hundred dollars could save you thousands. Too many ways to protect yourself, if only you will.
Protect your money as you would your family, after all it is their money too!

Now having said that, should you find yourself with too much cash, I will gladly send you pictures of my money pits!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:22 AM
performanceengin
JUNIOR BUILDER

well posted!!! i have noticed that most of the time it's the newbes that come here to cry. there first post to complain. come on guys get involved with these sites BEFORE PURCHASES.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:27 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Very well said Rudy, Ought to be required reading before buying.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 AM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Agree with this 100% - the good ole boy or gentlemens agreement days are way the hell over..... sellers should understand why people question their integrity and work and should not take offense for being questioned. I only buy local now or drive to do the deal.

And to those dishonest people - go run across a highway blindfolded, get hit by a car and die.... you suck and ruin it for buyers and honest sellers.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:54 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Vince,
The only thing I disagree with is, the blindfold.......I want them to see it coming!! :lol: :lol:
Old 08-28-2008, 03:08 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

8) 8) I agree rudy 100%, Amen
Old 08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Well said....i have traveled 600 one way to do a deal.but when i got there his car was not as described..it was JUNK.i said see ya. and took my car back to the house..did eat at a good BBQ place thou..
Old 08-28-2008, 03:50 PM
oldcarparts
APPRENTICE

Default A COUPLE TANKS OF GAS ARE BETTER THAN A PIECE OF JUNK IN YOU

I LIVE IN NORTH WEST ARIZONA AND HAVE DRIVEN TO WATSONVILLE CA, LUBBOCK TX AND TOPEKA KANSAS AND CAME HOME WITH AN EMPTY TRAILER BECAUSE OF SOMEONES INABILITY TO BE HONEST...
Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
davebat
JUNIOR BUILDER

If we don't whine in here, others will not know. That's what this topic is for. Jeesh, also, some guys are not professional taders ad do not always know what to look for. Keith traded a Nova before mine that had quarter panels over quarter panels. It was a well hidden rus-bucket. I imagine the duct tape I found, covering a hole, was put there by him and painted over with grey spackle. Sometimes you (a non-professional trader) just don't find the cover-ups.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Dave,
What I am saying is:
Accept what was traded for without whining about the product . But by all means let everyone know he is a bad dude and will screw you out of your stuff. That is all I meant, by all means shout it out loud, let everyone know :!: :!:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -