Thread: Blown SBC Street/ race car, Cam Question

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Blown SBC Street/ race car, Cam Question

I'm looking for a rplacement hydraulic roller cam and lifters for my motor. It's a 400ci, Dart Little M Block, AFR 210 heads, 8.5:1 compression.
    Car is street driven very litle. Iam more concered in better performance at the track. Does anyone have an idea what cam I need?

I'd call whatever cam company you are interested in and have them spec you a custom grind. Money well spent and takes the guesswork out of it. Probably something with 112-114 lsa. Have all of you engine specs including head flow #'s when you call, actually I think you can download and e-mail the form at Crane and Comps websites. Chris

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    CCS is correct. 112-114 lobe seperation is what your looking for, but remember when talking to cam tech reps don't let them steer you toward the biggest cam you can get keep it a level lower.

I have a 388 blown sbc utilizing a cam with approximately 660 lift & 114 lobe sep.

My heads are set up to accept a larger cam but I kinda like the low maintenance of this cam shaft. I have not broken anythind and I don't have to pull my valve covers off every couple runs to check lash settings.