Coolest Truck On The Planet - What A Joke

Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
ajbranum0628
SHOW GUEST

Default Coolest Truck On The Planet - What A Joke

Bought ad # 1260395 from Robert George in Melbourne, FL. His ad reads coolest truck on the planet. In this ad he states the paint is not perfect but darn close. He recomended to me to have the truck sent to me on an enclosed carrier because it was soooo nice. The truck arrived 8-12-08 and was I ever shocked. There isn't a square foot of surface on the body that isn't flawed in some way. He claims to have won an Editors Choice and Peoples Choice Award with the paint and body in the condition I received it in. First mistake I made was not going to see it before I sent him the money- I totally blame me for that mistake. Oh yea, a small oversight on his part was not telling me that the passenger front tire is up under the fenderwell about 3-4" further than the drivers side. Wonder if ole Bob just simply forgot to tell me this or if it was because I couldn't get away to come look at it? He claims this is a difference of his opinion of the looks of the truck and mine. Seven or eight people has come over and looked at the truck and all have the same opinion of the paint and body work as me, IT IS A P.O.S.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like it's set-up for makin hard right turns at high speeds. JK
Old 08-15-2008, 02:32 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

Why in the world would anyone make a major purchase without going to look at the vehicle in person ? And then come on these boards waa waa'ing about it ! I don't care how nice someone comes across on the phone or in messages, spend the money and time and go look at the vehicle in person. And don't use a friend that lives in the area either. Everyone's tastes are different. You believed in someones integrity, and got screwed. Live with it.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I'm sorry you got something you didn't want but when it comes to paint and body work, what some call "straight" and "slick" or what have you, I call Doo Doo because I've done that type of work most of my life and I am very very particular...many people are not as hard to please as I am...so MAYBE,( and that is a big maybe) to him the thing is a jem, but to you it's a turd. ..maybe he thinks it is darn close to perfect... Post pics of the truck here if ya can, I would sorta like to see them. Maybe he did win a peoples choice award..that don't mean squat. That just means he was the best there that day...like a slightly chubby girl that is average looking might not be so attractive standing in a bunch of cheerleaders...put her in a group of behemoths that have as much facial hair as you do and she starts to look PRETTY GOOD.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:02 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I'm sorry you got something you didn't want but when it comes to paint and body work, what some call "straight" and "slick" or what have you, I call Doo Doo because I've done that type of work most of my life and I am very very particular...many people are not as hard to please as I am...so MAYBE,( and that is a big maybe) to him the thing is a jem, but to you it's a turd. ..maybe he thinks it is darn close to perfect... Post pics of the truck here if ya can, I would sorta like to see them. Maybe he did win a peoples choice award..that don't mean squat. That just means he was the best there that day...like a slightly chubby girl that is average looking might not be so attractive standing in a bunch of cheerleaders...put her in a group of behemoths that have as much facial hair as you do and she starts to look PRETTY GOOD.

LMAO... 8)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
LMAO thats great

I blame both you for not going and looking .. him for not telling the truth. How can people get on here and complain about something they forked over cash for.. you cant take anyone word anymore. You need to cover your on rear...
Old 08-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

It comes down to emotions... we paint a great piture of how great the vechile is in our head... while the seller is also helping us build that vision at the same time. Emotions take over, it becomes urgent & we don't want to miss out on it!! In the buyers mind he has already bought this vechile. The rational side of our mind say: "you better go & see it" "something sounds too good to be true" etc.... then the vechile arrives.... YOU JUST GOT PUNK'D. My father tought this to me at a young age... emotions will KILL us in a deal. I have been there myself w/ a red 68 Chevelle I HAD TO HAVE.... years & thousands later, it was a nice car. I got punk'd by my own emotions. It kills me that somone can mis-represent what they are selling... they know it is not totally right... but sell it as if it were a 9+ out of a 10 showcar. Somehow these people sleep at night too. WTH?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:56 PM
burgessdg
JOURNEYMAN

Default Wow, $28K sight unseen?

I've seen the pic's. Looks like a nice truck. HE SAID IN THE AD "not perfect, but pretty darn close". He said not perfect, did you expect perfect? Sorry, I don't think you have a complaint. Hopefully you learned something?
Let the buyer beware... But, I would not fork over $28K without someone I trust looking at it.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
tought this to me at a young age... emotions will KILL us in a deal. I have been there myself w/ a red 68 Chevelle I HAD TO HAVE
If you want another red chevelle..it just so happens that the best working ,NA,bolt on suspension,small tire, chevelle in the country is for sale right now.

No dominator, no tubular countrol arms, no nitrous,factory shifter, power steering, 3871 lbs,and the battery AINT IN THE TRUNK!!

Anyone who disagrees is just another nobody who don't know shit, aint done shit, and aint got shit...or something like that. :P
Old 08-16-2008, 09:05 AM
ajbranum0628
SHOW GUEST

I realize he did say the paint was not perfect but darn close. And in the car world, you know as well as I know that "darn close" is at least an 8. Yes, the pics do look good, but this truck isnt even a 10 footer. The paint in my opinion, and the 2 body men, who have looked at it say its maybe a 5, and that might be streatching it!!

anadamo - I'm not waa, waa'ing, as you put it, just letting you know that if he ever sells another vehicle on RJ better not take his word for anything!!

The MONEY isnt the issue, the integrity of a man's word is!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -