Thread: enderle covers

enderle covers

Zipper or someone who knows, i went to fit my balancer with an enderle finned cover and the outer ring hits the pump flange and fins, there's about 1/2" before the balancer bottoms on the timing gear. has anyone experienced this.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Hasn't happened too me but, i run belt drive pumps and conventional covers except on the blower motor, and it doesn't have a balancer, only a blower drive hub and a timing ring. You maybe could fix it by grinding off the fins and adding the thinnest spacer that you can use behind the balancer.
    I'm not familar with a 6 cyl. crank, but if they are 1 1/4" dia. like the small blk chevy you can get spacers any length from mscdirect.com used on a horozinal milling machine arbor and they will already have a keyway cut in them or if you have access to a lathe you could make one. I wouldn't want to hang the balancer out any more than necessary to clear the cover.

JMO

Zip.

Thanks Zip that was my thought aswell but the balancer will only be on by 1 inch, is that enough? This is on a sbc, my 1st cam driven i've built, i usually run belts also but he wants a cam drive.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I think it's borderline, but it sounds like you are out of options, that is one center bolt i would definatly locktite in place.

JMO

Zip.