Thread: Water in Head??

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Water in Head??

I dyno'd my motor last week. I have it in the garage with the bag over it. Tonight i removed a valve cover to install different valve cover gaskets and noticed small area's of clear looking water.. in a few low areas of the head. It doesnt look like a milkshake... is this just condensation or should i be worried.. the other head didnt look exactly the same. If the dyno was using just water would it look clear if there was some kind of leak??

thanks
    Keith

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Could be condensation, where i live it's so humid if you cover a motor with plastic, the next day every thing is rusted, even in the summer, i've got 2 blks right now that i have to clean or revat, from storing them in my shop over the winter.
    Do a pressure test on the cooling system, if there is no leakdown, it's probably condensation.

JMO

Zip.

water in head

I wish i could pressure test it... i havent installed it into the car yet since last weeks dyno session

Quote Originally Posted by dynaguy03
    I wish i could pressure test it... i havent installed it into the car yet since last weeks dyno session
    it does not need to be installed tp preasure test it. just hook the hoses to a radiator that don't leak sitting in the floor or fabricate a tube that will accept the cap/tester and loop the water pump to the thermostat housing.

Pull the drain plug and watch it drain...If there is water in the oil it will come out first

Does the engine have head studs or bolts?

KW...

KW. i have heads studs no bolts...

are they leaking inside the heads? Maybe thats were this lil bit of water came from, i know they are bad about getting them to seal even when a good coat of sealer is applied. Just a thought. goodluck!