What Me stumped, yep!!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default What Me stumped, yep!!

A couple yrs. ago i bought a set of Isky redzone lifters (tall) they were supposed to be for a chevy s/blk, .842 dia.(correct), but when i first tried to set them into the lifter galley's a few days ago the tie bars was about 1/8" too wide to set them in. The tie bars are removeable and replaceable. The lifters are .842 dia, but what the hell do i have with the wider tie bars, i don't need the lifters yet and i know i can replace the tie bars, i'm just wondering what these lifter do fit with the tie bars that i have :?:

Zip.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

302 ford? they have the same lifter bore i believe and just a little farther apart to. just a thought
Old 08-05-2008, 01:06 PM
JimmySmith
MASTER BUILDER

Hey Zip , you could not see when you bought the lifters and now you can SEE they don't line up Later J. Smith 4621 racing
PS we are ready for the springs Sat nite.

:lol:
Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks lookingaround, i knew that the 302 was close, i know the rockers are interchangable.
Naw Jimmy i'm ready but the car is not, however i am in the process of finishing the 434" and plan to install it this month, i'll be ready then. but first i want to run at Byhalia, which you know i haven't run there in 6 yrs. and meet up with some old friends, and hopefully meet Charles/Cpek, hell maybe even challenge that B/BLK camero. Hehe, i know he's already shaking in his shoes :P Ya, right a S/BLK 3250lb Malibu against a 540 in.
2800lb Camero. All in fun folks don't have a Hemiroid.

Zip.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Thanks lookingaround, i knew that the 302 was close, i maybe even challenge that B/BLK camero. Hehe, i know he's already shaking in his shoes :P Ya, right a S/BLK 3250lb Malibu against a 540 in.
2800lb Camero. All in fun folks don't have a Hemiroid.

Zip.
put a couple kits on it without telling nobody. :P
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

put a couple kits on it without telling nobody.

Can't do that, stacks injection with alcohol, but i could add a little bit of happy juice to the alcohol.

Zip.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Can't do that, stacks injection with alcohol, but i could add a little bit of happy juice to the alcohol.

Zip.
IF/when guys do run NOS with methanol... what do they enrichen it with? MORE methanol? oer can they just use gasoline? just curious ops:
Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

That's the major problem, when you put nitrous on injection running alcohol, you have to suppliment it with gas, that becomes a nitemare. We did this a couple yrs. ago. You need a small 1 gal. cell for gas, and electric pump for the gas, plus a host of electronic valves. did it work, YES the car went .6ths quicker in the 1/8, but it burned down a piston on the 4th run with a 500 shot. It was a 360" sm/blk and it went .520 at Memphis. I have since rebuilt the short blk. it has a Lonati black crank, 13.5 pistons and eagle h beams with L19 bolts. and a new 2 bolt blk. It's for sale for $1600.00.
Would i try it again, no way!!, i will however run a little nitro, if the compitition is more than i can overcome.
Which brings up the subject of my going to Byhalia when i go back up to Ms. i have lot's of friends that run there but i have to make a good show. I was kidding Charles/Cpek i've never met him but we know the same people. I do hope to meet him and if we line up i'm going to do whatever is necessary to equal his 5.80's. i know he has a 496" motor and a much lighter car. But either way it will all be in fun, i just think i can run those #'s with my 3250lb car and sm/blk. Only time will tell, we'll probably bring the ugly 1963 Dodge with a 434" that i know will run 5.50's or better at Byhalia.
O'k, i'm blowing smoke here, time to shutup and prove it. Too be continued :P

Zip.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

Zip.
IF/when guys do run NOS with methanol... what do they enrichen it with? MORE methanol? oer can they just use gasoline? just curious ops:
I use alky to spray with my injection. Nitrous express makes a good kit to use the alky to enrich with.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yep, David,

I know that nitrous can be used to suppliment to the injection system, but it requires lot's of extra plumbing and controls, i can just change the return jets and high speed leanout pressure and add nitro and go from there, it's cheaper and just as efective. I know that nitro is expensive, nitrous is also and requires lots more plumbing. HeHe :P , i can also add watermelon juice and cover up the smell of nitro, and there's no way i can hide a nitrous setup with stacks. I'll just wait and see what i can run at Byhalia, then go from there, either way i'll be prepared. That's the way us hillbillys are, if we show up we'll be ready, just as in the 55chevy, with a toilet bowl, which surprises a lot of people. We only have 2 things in mind, how to make good shine and how to go fast. HaHa :P , you know i'm kiddin

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -