Thread: harmonic balancers enter in pinks all out friday sat

harmonic balancers enter in pinks all out friday sat

can you take the counter weight off exsternal balancer to use on internal bbc dewey we are enter pinks all out in denver 8/9 thurs we run a 57 chevy bb new motor

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i know on mine you cant. its a sfi approved for a 400 small block chevy

Some balancers have a removeable weight IE; fluid dampener, others donot. If it's removeable is still certifyable, we have called fluid dampner on this question.

Zip.

i have, and never had any trouble, also removed counter weight from flex plate,s.

balancer

thanks for all the help dewey

Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    Some balancers have a removeable weight IE; fluid dampener, others donot. If it's removeable is still certifyable, we have called fluid dampner on this question.

Zip.
    On a Fluidampr you can just buy the hub for internal balance motor and use your balancer ring. about 60 bucks. Just bolts on...but the older ones with flat head torx bolts were different.

I currently run a fluidampner and am wondering what you guys think about them?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDawgRacing
    I currently run a fluidampner and am wondering what you guys think about them?
    I like them. I run an ATI on this motor but my 454 had a fluidampr...It was ext balance and I was gona switch the hubs but they changed their design ..mine had flat/ chamfer head torx bolts and they now use countersunk allan heads so it would not bolt to the new style hub...otherwise I could have just purchased a nuetral balanced hub and saved some money. I got this info from Fluidampr.