Enderle Tunnel Ram Injection

Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 AM
mudder81
JOURNEYMAN

Default Enderle Tunnel Ram Injection

I have a Enderle Birdcatcher on a tunnel ram that I bought used and I have a question about it. Looking over tech sheets from Good Vibes Racing for it, I have an extra check valve(by-pass maybe?) that is not the tech sheet. Fuel goes through the pump and then through the 3-way shut-off. Thats good. Heres where it gets funny, there is a tee with a check valve on it, on the end of the 3-way, so the fuel can go through the check valve or up to the barrel valve. What is this for? Thanks for your help.

Just got word, its a high-speed lean out.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:17 AM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Its called a "pump sizer". It is used if the pump is too big for the system. It allows fuel to be sent back to the tank and regulate how much goes to the barrel valve. You don't see too many of these because its more of a bandaid fix for a system that was piece mealed together. The best thing you could do is to send your system out to someone like Koehler injection and have the system flowed for your motor. Makes a world of difference and is worth every penny(Costs around $450.00)
Old 07-28-2008, 05:24 AM
mudder81
JOURNEYMAN

OK, got that figured out, now which spark plugs do I need to run(type,heat, etc.)?
Old 07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Need some info about the motor.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:06 AM
mudder81
JOURNEYMAN

434 SBC, 12:1 comp., bowtie alum heads(ported and polished), .7?? lift solid roller cam(sorry dont have the specs on hand), 1.5 roller rockers. Anything else? Thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Are you running any nitrous?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:13 PM
mudder81
JOURNEYMAN

Nope, not yet.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Just one observation, 12:1 comp is a little low for alcohol in my opinion . It may not live up to expectations with that low of compression and a cam in the .7's of lift . Anyways start with a heat range that is in the middle and check your plugs from there. Alcohol is pretty forgiving on tunes but you still have to optimize it to get the most power.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:26 AM
mudder81
JOURNEYMAN

What brand of alcohol do you use? I was leaning towards VP's M5 but it might be more than what I want to spend, so M3 may have to do.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

I use powermist holeshot methanol. I have never used the VP methanol but I hear that the M5 won't pass a fuel test if you ever got tested. Some of the races I go to test for nitro so I gotta have fuel that will pass.