NASCAR GOODYEARS for Drag Racing what pressure?

Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 AM
LarryGhigo
APPRENTICE

Default NASCAR GOODYEARS for Drag Racing what pressure?

I need some input please. This is my first post, but I have been reading lots of good info. Especially EDs post on 4 Link!
I bought some NASCAR Goodyears from a guy in NC who picks up used NASCAR tires and sells them for drag racing. He has lots of sales history and claims many repeat customers. I got a pair to my door for $90. They are 27.5X12X15. They are more than half still there going by the wear indicator dimples. Per his recommendation I have mounted them on AERO steel 10X15 wheels. They are for my 83 Camino street/strip project. Of course they will only be used at the strip. It isn't finished yet, but should weigh about 3500. 337 sbc making about 375hp+ 125 shot after leaving the line. 9 inch Ford, Moser axles, 3.25 gears,Yukon billet posi, adjustable UMI 4 link w/mount braces, TCI TH400, Coan 2600 stall converter, Gear Vendors under/overdrive to split gears(6 speeds), G Force crossmember. He recommends a short burnout because they are made light to heat quickly on the track. Does anyone have some thoughts about tire pressure starting point? I should have asked him but didn't.
Thanks for any input. Larry
Old 07-13-2008, 12:52 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

I have ran them before and I am not sure if you'll hook with them or not, but I do remember that I Matched my quickest ET with them when I was running 7.30's. They spun but would still produce the ET maybe because of RPM's who knows. They last while too, they do leave little piles of rubber behind.. 8) I think I had pressure's around 10-11psi
Old 07-13-2008, 02:05 PM
LarryGhigo
APPRENTICE

Default Thanks

Thanks US7!!
I was hoping to find someone who had experience with them, that's great!