Need X-link for Cameron Dragster

Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 AM
spanky4888
SHOW GUEST

Default Need X-link for Cameron Dragster

I have a 235" Cameron 4-link dragster, and I want to replace the wishbone with an x-link. My lower bars are 17" long, and the mounting holes on the chassis and rear-end are 16.5" wide (center to center). Does anyone have one of these? Any advice is appreciated....

Thanks
Spanky
Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Need X-link for Cameron Dragster

Originally Posted by spanky4888
I have a 235" Cameron 4-link dragster, and I want to replace the wishbone with an x-link. My lower bars are 17" long, and the mounting holes on the chassis and rear-end are 16.5" wide (center to center). Does anyone have one of these? Any advice is appreciated....

Thanks
Spanky
You can get one made pretty easy from most dragster shops.
www.diamondracecars.com give Dan a call
Old 07-10-2008, 02:12 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Any advantage/disadvantage to a x-link as apposed to a conventional 4-link? My 63 Vette roadster has the x-link. Is it the same as a swing arm?
Later,
Johnny
Old 07-11-2008, 03:08 AM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Here's the X-link from Vanishing point.... They have made one of them for a friend of mine....
Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
Any advantage/disadvantage to a x-link as apposed to a conventional 4-link? My 63 Vette roadster has the x-link. Is it the same as a swing arm?
Later,
Johnny
Less body/chassis roll with a x link/swingarm setup
Old 07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks David. Mine has no body roll at all, but I'm still having trouble getting it to 60' where it should....I could REALLY use some advice/help from someone who knows his stuff. Any suggestions?
Later,
Johnny
Old 07-11-2008, 08:20 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Are we setting ourselfs up to go the moon with all these changes, i personally can't see more than a couple hundreds with a change from a wishbone to an X-LINK, body roll who cares as long as the car hooks and goes straight when you're bracking racing. As far as i know there's no index, except in NHRA classes, and as long as the car is consistint, it's then up to the driver to win. I don't know what's good or bad but we run alnite long with a hard tail 235", small blk.on alchol injection 4.80's.
I guess if you have unlimited funds you should try everything just to say you done that been there, but that's not what wins in brk. racing.

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:32 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
Thanks David. Mine has no body roll at all, but I'm still having trouble getting it to 60' where it should....I could REALLY use some advice/help from someone who knows his stuff. Any suggestions?
Later,
Johnny
I agree with the post above a swingarm/xlink isnt the ticket here IMO I see no advantage to them other then chassis/body roll at the big end when playing the throttle game, but there is a lot of difference there.

When you say having trouble getting the 60's where it should be, you mean its just slow to the 60 ? Give me some more info on your setup and #'s then we can go from there.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:55 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Yes, it's just slow to the 60. I really shouldn't bitch because it's pretty consistent, I just know it'd be a lot quicker if it would 60 like most cars this fast.
The car is a 63 Vette roadster, 107" wheelbase, 839hp RM 522, glide w/1.80 low, 5800 stall, 4.29 gear, 33x16 D1 Goodyears, x-link w/antiroll bar, strut front, 2170#'s full of fuel & me. Current IC is 51.5" at 4.3" high.
Best et to date was this spring in Tucson and haven't been to lower altitude since. Ran 8.44 @ 160.19 with a 1.202 60'. Corrected altitude was 3666'.
Here in Colorado, the best et is 8.607 @ 157.89 with a 1.22 60' @ 6238'. It rarely 60's that quick. Usually it's in the 1.25-1.27 range w/1.27 being normal running mid 8.70's and low 80's @ 154 or so. This past weekend at 8100', ran low 90's at 152 w/1.27 60's all day. We had a 15-20mph quartering headwind all day too so I wasn't surprized by the et.
I've run tire pressures as low a 4 and as high as 6 and adjusted the suspension quite a bit with little effect. It really doesn't seem to respond to adjustments as it should. Of course it's possible I just expect too much, or I don't know what I'm doing. Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Johnny
Old 07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Are we setting ourselfs up to go the moon with all these changes, i personally can't see more than a couple hundreds with a change from a wishbone to an X-LINK, body roll who cares as long as the car hooks and goes straight when you're bracking racing. As far as i know there's no index, except in NHRA classes, and as long as the car is consistint, it's then up to the driver to win. I don't know what's good or bad but we run alnite long with a hard tail 235", small blk.on alchol injection 4.80's.
I guess if you have unlimited funds you should try everything just to say you done that been there, but that's not what wins in brk. racing.

JMO

Zip.
First of all i would like to appolagize for this post ops: I donot know anything about X-LINKS, i only know about cross links and wishbones and solid mounts, i've never run an X-LINK so i'm not qualified to even talk about one. I have been [email protected], but that was 20 yrs. ago and the technogaly has changed so much that the same cars are now running [email protected]'s.
So again i appolagizes for posting on a subject that i'm not qualified to even speak on.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -