Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Im looking to know people's experiance with Pro Systems .. im putting together a new combo and am looking for a carb.. not just a ho- hum carb but one that will "WORK".. without going thru hell and back .
    Dyno is coming soon so i gotta make a decision soon... anyone have other good experiances with other carbs that made power improvments without going thru hell?

thank
    Keith

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Quote Originally Posted by dynaguy03
    Im looking to know people's experiance with Pro Systems .. im putting together a new combo and am looking for a carb.. not just a ho- hum carb but one that will "WORK".. without going thru hell and back .
    Dyno is coming soon so i gotta make a decision soon... anyone have other good experiances with other carbs that made power improvments without going thru hell?

thank
    Keith
    A lot like pro systems, he seems to be good I personally deal with APD
    www.apdracing.com one of the best if not the best there is.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE jmarksdragster's Avatar
    What size and 4150 or 4500?
    Mark Whitener
    http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work can't be good.

A 4150 is tough to screw up, although some do. BLP or Braswell are good sources. What is it going on and how big were you looking to go? The old 4776 thru 4781 Holleys are tough to beat out of the box with the right jets.
    Mark Whitener

Im looking to size the carb for a 388 ci sbc.. not totally sure of what cfm yet.. figure i will give the motor specs to the carb builder and let them make a reccomendation. Heads have 210 runners no flow numbers yet as they are being done as we speak,
    I have a mighty demon 850 anular but that carb im not so sold on. Although i had it on shitty motor built by AR Racing in Sumerduck VA,.. with the new motorbuilt by a REAL builder.. maybe it will be a different story.. but if not i need to get something...i can plop on adjust jets and be done .. and make usable track power

I would start with what you have and have something to compare to, although a good Dominator would net a little more ET depending on how much cam.
    Mark Whitener

I agree mark.. i have a friend lending me an AED 750 for use on the dyno..maybe too small ,but im going to use the Demon 850 and the AED 750 and see what the dyno tells us.

thanks
    keith

Re: PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Quote Originally Posted by dynaguy03

thank
    Keith
    I bought a new 4500 Pro Systems carb earlier this year and all we had to do on the dyno is jet up the secondaries a couple and it was good to go. There are 4 guys that I work with that have Pro Systems and are happy with theirs too.
    Tim

Why not try a AED carb period. They will build you what you want with your specs. and are very good people to deal with...