holley vs. quickfuel alky 750 carbs???????

Old 06-08-2008, 08:22 PM
mwestchevy
APPRENTICE

Default holley vs. quickfuel alky 750 carbs???????

i'm setting up my sbc bracket car to run on methanol & need advice on carbs. i was looking at holley & quickfuel and was wondering about the proform center that qf uses. any suggestions/info??????? thanks, brian
Old 06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: holley vs. quickfuel alky 750 carbs???????

Originally Posted by mwestchevy
i'm setting up my sbc bracket car to run on methanol & need advice on carbs. i was looking at holley & quickfuel and was wondering about the proform center that qf uses. any suggestions/info??????? thanks, brian
I can say this about a typical out of box carb from say holley/bg/qf, more often then not a new to alky user is unhappy with them because normally they do need tunning help. That being said possibly look into some others you may pay more up front but well worth it in the end.

ww.apdracing.com
& Pro Systems comes to mind.

just my 2 cents
Old 06-09-2008, 09:25 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

ruppert & apd is what i use, you need to buy a carb or send one off and have it built for your engine.you'll be alot happier.good luck
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

I would not suggest the proform carbs, but I know a couple of guys who dynoed with quickfuel and they had to do quite a bit adjusting to the carbs on the dyno to get better numbers out of them. I bought a new Pro Systems carb and I had to jet up the secondaries two sizes is all. My carb made excellent numbers with the Pro Systems carb.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:40 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tcarda
I would not suggest the proform carbs, but I know a couple of guys who dynoed with quickfuel and they had to do quite a bit adjusting to the carbs on the dyno to get better numbers out of them. I bought a new Pro Systems carb and I had to jet up the secondaries two sizes is all. My carb made excellent numbers with the Pro Systems carb.
I know this is one way or the other either the 750 has a 850 main body or the 950 has the 850 cant remember which. Either way I know a very good carb company that redid one for a buddy told him he was wasting his time with it.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:00 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

hammertime,are you talking about the 950hp holley?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:12 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by john858
hammertime,are you talking about the 950hp holley?
I am speaking of the quickfuels
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

oh! ops: ,my motor guy told me that quick fuels are a waste.he told me on the dyno a stock untouched holley will make a lot more hp that a quick.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by john858
oh! ops: ,my motor guy told me that quick fuels are a waste.he told me on the dyno a stock untouched holley will make a lot more hp that a quick.
The best carb guy I know says they are junk
I've seen it proven over and over at the track he is correct
Old 09-24-2008, 10:10 AM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default Alky Carbs

I would say go with Pro-Systems !!