Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On eagles Stuff?

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

Thoughts On eagles Stuff?

How many of you would use a eagle stroker kit for a big block chevy? Scott out of new york sells the stroker kit for $1,895.00 and was wondering if any of you wouldn't run this kit and why not? I'm going out of town tomorrow so I need to make a choice today. Thanks,Bill

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Thoughts On eagles Stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by bbb555
    How many of you would use a eagle stroker kit for a big block chevy? Scott out of new york sells the stroker kit for $1,895.00 and was wondering if any of you wouldn't run this kit and why not? I'm going out of town tomorrow so I need to make a choice today. Thanks,Bill

Get the good rod bolts L-19's and your good to go. Seen them in 1500hp motors. I have a eagle setup in my 582 and yet to have a failure with eagle (knock on wood).
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime

Get the good rod bolts L-19's and your good to go. Seen them in 1500hp motors. I have a eagle setup in my 582 and yet to have a failure with eagle (knock on wood).
    Thanks for the info.. I was on EAGLES web-site and they sell their own stroker kit for more than SCOTT.S out of new york does?

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime

Question,did you buy it already balanced or did you get it done?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I have had two different with motors (a 469 & a 540) with 4340 Eagle rods and crank with no problems. I did the same thing that Hammer suggested to you and upgraded to the L-19 rod bolts.

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by tcarda
    I have had two different with motors (a 469 & a 540) with 4340 Eagle rods and crank with no problems. I did the same thing that Hammer suggested to you and upgraded to the L-19 rod bolts.
    Thanks for the info.
    Bill

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Another question? What do you think the hp difference would be between a 10.5.1 (540) compared to say a 13.1-14.1(540)?? Money is tight so I only want to do this once! Thanks,Bill

I'm running an eagle 4.5 x4.6 with esp & L-19s buzzing to 7800 at the stripe. No problems

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    What heads, intake and carb are you running?

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Right now Im running eddy ovals 110cc and a victor jr but getting ready to get a set of AFR 345'S.