setting up a chassis on an 84 camaro (now what)

Old 06-01-2008, 05:53 PM
jlboggs
SHOW GUEST

Default setting up a chassis on an 84 camaro (now what)

I have decided on a ladder bar set up and im going to do this myself. Starting from a stock rear suspension. Who is the best manufacture of these back halves? Is it more beneficial to buy the kit rather than the rails and rearend seperately? If anyone has built one of these camaro's I would appreciate any input you have.Thanks
Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default back halves

there all pretty good i have done alot of diferent ones but now i just stay with chassis works out of california, the reason beinging that after you do a few of one kind you can do it faster and no what you are getting when you order it and they are more willing to help you also. If you choose chassis works ask for Mike he is very freindly and very helpful. As for buying seperate the main thing is that what ever back halve you buy be sure you get there ladder bar brackets for the frame and rearend then it doesnt mater who you buy the rearend housing from... good luck
Old 06-02-2008, 10:09 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

i used s& w on my car and after dealing with them i don,t think i would use them again cause there are way to many companys that will go out of their way to help you & get stuff ship to you, they was like i'll get it to ya when i can. good thing i didn't need the directions they showed up two weeks after i had my back half installed.
my next one i do sounds like i'm trying chassis works.
if this is your first one i would say to use a pre-welded back-half. i think it would make it a little easier for you.
good luck and remember measure,measure & remeasure.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
jlboggs
SHOW GUEST

thanks again you guys are really helpful and accurate!