trouble with burnout

Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 PM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

Default trouble with burnout

Having trouble keeping car stright long enought to get tires good and hot. 2700lb car,little over 600hp 32x14x15 hard compound, 456 gear, line lock, check air constintly, run from 8lb to12lb, same on each side. Could I correct this with frount shock adj. with out interfearing with my launch?? launch is very stright never a prob. would appreciate some good experanced thoughts. dont want to end up in the stands on my launch :shock:
thanks Mack
Old 05-30-2008, 02:41 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've always heard that if a car doesn't go straight on the burnout, You don't have enough wheel speed. Try spinning them a little faster and it should straighten out.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Just a thought, but I used to put my trailer tie downs on my rear axle, they would pull my axel out of line. It would pull one way and then the other. It would launch straight though. A guy came up to me in the pits one night and told me it was dog tracking. I realined the whole car when I got home, and now tie it down by the frame.
suicidebomb
Old 05-30-2008, 04:02 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

mine does that too...goes straight as an arrow down the track but wants to fishtail during the burnout. I get into high gear asap and keep the rpm way up..
Old 05-30-2008, 10:12 AM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default Burn out

Hi Mack, just a couple thoughts, Did You check the rollout? Maybe 1 a little larger and just showing up while the tire is free wheeling. Maybe preload playing a part, again when the tire is not planted. Dont Gulports burnout area lean anyway, :lol: Good Luck,TC
Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I get into high gear asap and keep the rpm way up..[/quote]
I've been doing burnouts in high only for years. Just about anything quicker than 12.00 should have enough power. Always get smoke like..right now, and seldom move sideways at all....
I've never understood why most people insist on starting their burnouts in low.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
I get into high gear asap and keep the rpm way up

I've never understood why most people insist on starting their burnouts in low.
I just didn't know any better. :?

It is a glide with an electric shifter so almost instantly when I mash it the thing shifts into high gear and hits the chip, I then back off just enough to keep it off the rev limiter.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:50 PM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

Thanks guys Thanks alot. Is a pg. i shift out pertty quick, have 6000 chip on shif,7200 rev lim. comes on shift light quick and easy, have been shifting just before goes on limiter ,holding brake long as I can ,just befor getting to far sideways let off brake only and launch out. have tried holding longer to see if it will come back but doesn't. seems to allways go same way. Have put new slicks, not broke in good so figure it will get worse. old ones did the same. have been strapping down to rearend and frame in the front, car looks like it is tracking stright from behind but will check it. I never strap it down in park. have raced a few different things for a long time but not much on the dragstrip in last 25 years :shock: trying to learn something . thanks again. soon as I get this thing going down the track like I want I'll take up a spelling corse again ops: ...
Later Dale
is hard compound hardly any smoke,turning over in water rolling out of water to start
Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Dale try having your spoter set you out 2 to 3 feet passed the water what I mean is go into the water box and roll out the 2 or 3 feet try that see if it will work. Bring the car out and run with me on pinks all out its coming to our track up here in Oregon on the 4th and 5th of july will put on a nice show.
CPT.RON
Old 05-31-2008, 03:39 AM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Burn out

Higher RPM will take care of the car going to one side or the other in the box. What RPM are you guys hitting in the box?

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -