Thread: CAM specs - your thoughts?

CAM specs - your thoughts?

Just got my engine back from the builder - went with a 496 BBC.

Converted to a roller cam/lifter set-up and he suggested a Erson custom ground cam.

Specs -
    Intake: .621 lift / 306 deg duration
    Exhaust: .621 lift/ 314 deg duration
    108 IC

Anyone have an idea of the RPM range this cam will perform wihtin? What about streetability characteristics? Hig/ low/ no vaccum???

Sorry I am not sure what you can tell from looking at these specs but any info or feedback is appreciated.

My car is around 2900 lbs w/ driver, 3000 stall, 4.11 gears, th400 trans, 32" rear tire.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    What is the duration @ .050?

what heads are on the motor?

How much compression?

Sorry - here if the missing info....

deg of duration @ .050
    Intake 246
    Exhaust 254

Compression at 10.5:1

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I had a cam similar to that one years ago and it was good from around 3000-7000. Mine was in a smaller motor so in yours it should work real good from about 2500-6500.Hope this helps

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    heads?

sorry for the delayed response - I am running RHS heads - not sure of the flow numbers but suppose to be an Eldebrock (sp?) knock off. I thought RHS was a good head manufacturer and doubt they are simply knock offs, but for what its worth that is what the builder stated.

Good to hear the cam range is exactly what I requested. Going outside to start putting the engine and trans back into the car..... fun times....