summit racing?

Old 05-20-2008, 02:45 PM
amcjunky
JOURNEYMAN

Default summit racing?

has anyone ever ordered from this company? what were your experience's? good bad?

i might be order a whole wack load of stuff soon thats why i am asking

please and thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 03:56 PM
willmaz
SHOW GUEST

best parts around been dealing with them for over a year never had a problem get parts in about 3-5 days
Old 05-20-2008, 04:11 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Yep, same here. Been dealing with them and Jegs for about 15 years. No problems. Lately I've been using Jegs more. Their staff seem to know more and they ship quicker.....
Old 05-20-2008, 04:12 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

if ya got local or Smaller INDEPENDENT SPEED SHOP (S) please support them...they are a dying breed.

why ??...you get their research beforehand..if something comes up short try getting a mail order company to get it fixed or try getting the summit salesman to put you on the right heads or camshaft..on the other hand go thru someone like Ron Owens racing ETC and watch him get it fixed..they have the priority attention of their distributers.

this is not saying any large parts mail order companys such as JEGS or Summit are not good..it is what it is,,

my opinion only.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

I agree with Brian.Summit and Jegs are great but if you have locals close enough it is better.Nearest one 2 me is about 45mins to an hour,but still worth the drive every couple of months.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:55 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Yes,I agree with Brian. Do business locally if you can. If it's like the store I do business with they might give you a little break on the prices if you're going to do a large amount of business. JMO.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:24 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

STAY WITH THE LOCAL GUYS IF POSSIBLE--THEN GO WITH THE BIGGER GUYS IF YOU CAN'T GET WHAT YOU NEED 8) 8)

I TRIED TO GET INFO ON HEADERS LAST YEAR FROM SUMMIT[ TECH GUYS WAS VERY RUDE AND DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HEADERS]--ENOUGH SAID ops: ops:

TRY RON OWENS!!!---IF HE DON'T TREAT YOU RIGHT WE KNOW WHERE HE HANGS OUT :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LIVELY
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

TOTALLY SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ENGINE BUILDER,BUT IF I HAVE TO PLACE AN ORDER,I MUCH PREFER AND AGREE-jegs IS MUCHER GOODER :shock: TO DEAL WITH.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 PM
amcjunky
JOURNEYMAN

ok thanks for the input guys i will try local first
Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I buy from Jegs monthly it seems. I do use locals when I need something bad, but prices from Locals dont touch mail order around me.

The best deal with Jegs is if you have a nhra or ihra membership # call them up and ask about the jegs discount program. It has saved me thousands in the last year. Recently purchased a new set up rear brakes $85.00 of book price with discount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -