Thread: CRANKCASE PRESSURE RELIEF

CRANKCASE PRESSURE RELIEF

hello all i've been having a problem with the set of valve covers im running the are a set of moroso alum. covers with the crossover tube. ok the problem is that there is no place for me to run a pcv valve or add oil, now i can just unbolt a single cover an add oil as needed, but do i need to run the pcv? the crossover has 2 breathers built into it, but is that enough for a vehicle thats going to be driven quite often?

heres a pic of breathers and cover

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i have never dealt with that cross over type but was told that the
    circle track cars run that set up, can the breathers be removed
    easier for adding oil? don't know sorry :?

yes, they can but do i have to worry about not running a pcv with street use?

I would think that you are okay.Most guys don't run a pcv and usually just stick a breather in each cover,which is basically what you got.I'd go ahead and try it.Wouldn't bother me none.If it seems that you have too much crankcase pressure(usually the first place to tell is the rear main will start seeping oil) change it.I ran a bbc in my 72 truck with 2 breathers and no pcv for about 30-35,00 miles.No problems,you shouldn't either.Those valve covers are too nice to drill any extra holes into them.Hey,consider the high rpms that breather system was designed for....a daily driver shouldn't see that kinda crankcase pressure at all.Unless you drive pretty darn wild!!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

i agree, nice covers, and it is interesting to see how they do on the
    stop n go situation when their made for high rpm's, maybe they
    are the answer to saving ga$ :lol: :wink:

lol i wish i burned a half a tank within a 2-3 days jus setting roller rockers an timing...lol motor is a monster for the street is really aggressive even with a smaller comp 268xe cam....but i thought that as long as i have pressure release of some sort i should be fine i had a few videos but didnt come out too good mostly jus the cam cracklin....

i got my motor set up on here if it helps this is jus wut i was told at machine shop but i think i got wrong motor it doesnt pull like a bored 350 plus i had to install a 400 externally balanced flywheel, seems as if it has alot more torque than original i've broke motor mounts and trans mount many times, went through 2 trannys before finally building this 1...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737737

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    donkeyryder you sure do have alot of rubber fuel line right over your header.do you like your car?

That is a good point.Might wanna reroute that.Good eye Montecarlo.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln