Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's make this list shorter

Let's make this list shorter

Why do people not use C.O.D. I just bought a $2,500.00 front clip for a nova from a guy in la. He wanted a bank check and already had a few this and that's and a person die and so on.

Make a long story short, I told him NO COD NO SALE. Well my friends it came COD and I went to the shipping company and looked at it before one penney left my hand, he did not want to pay the fee... so I did a whole $112.00. Wow a little money when your looking at $2,500.00.

Come on guy's if the seller does not want to do C.O.D then say no sale.

As for all of these motors and paying all up front... no way. We have a shop local and it's pay as they go. I would not send or pay anyone more then 10% up front.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i agree with you 100%. i bought a rearend not long ago and i was lucky i dealt with a standup guy. but until that rear got here i was TERRIFIED .cod for me!

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    What about the racer wannabes, the clowns that don't have the money so you get to pay the shipping both ways. Be there, and it won't happen again. These guys are first cousins to "the checks in the mail" clan. There are a lot of good people who race, and there are a lot of dreamers, and a small portion of thieves.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Yep i get between three and four a month sent back to me because the customer never had the money or nobody at home deal i still ship some cod but not if i can help it and with the cost of shipping it's not cheap.

Problem with COD is a bunch of dead beats want to look at parts and you end up paying both ways for them. Happens a lot, good parts just a lot of lookers instead of buyers.
    I wont take COD
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Very good point...but if I'm selling parts it's cause I need some money. Not about to risk losing the shipping money both ways when someone gets buyer remorse or can't scrape up the money.

I have been using PayPal for eight years now, never any problems. I know, you do not want to pay the fee to use PayPal, that is ok too, if you like chasing and waiting for money. You have to have a checking account to have PayPal, if you don't have a checking account, then that alone is a red flag. It was Hammertime or maybe Scorpion that said it best :

" There are no victims, only volunteers".

Also keep in mind, when you sell something and the persons money is in your hand or bank account YOU NO LONGER OWN THE ITEM, send it to the new owner within 24 hours, ALWAYS using a tracking number. I guess I am just shocked at the folks that keep falling for the scams. 8)

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    But the draw back to C.O.D is i am at work when U.P.S comes by my house no-one is here, so C.O.D won't work here.
    Head's up the true drag race!!

COD?

BIGGEST PROBLEM with COD=YOU CANNOT SEE IN THE BOX!
    And iw ill GUARENTEE that the UPS Man wWill NOT Tell you,Yep,Just go ahead and Open it up,if its Not what you want?No Problem,you can just send it Back?RIGHT.........It could
    Be a BOX OF ROCKS?????????
    I realy think(PAY-PAL)Is the Way to Go!If your close on the Money for the Part,just bump the Price 3%!If that Breaks the Deal?OH'WELL
    Later
    G 8)

Paypal, been there for over 7 yrs. you got the money before they got the part, only had one problem in 7 yrs. which i got $85.00 of $110.00 lost back. I both buy and sell useing paypal on ebay.

JMO

Zip.