Let's see the beaters!Bring out your redheaded step-vehicles

Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Default Let's see the beaters!Bring out your redheaded step-vehicles

Allright.All the show cars and race cars that could pass for show cars are nice.But I would love to see the beaters that people got stored away!!Cars,trucks,vans,whatever.You know you got one.We all got a beater that gets the job done and we never show off the work horses.I'll start with my 1979 K20.406 sbc 11:1 with a COMP 4x4 extreme cam.SM 465 Granny-box with 205 t-case.Rides on 35s and 3.73's and a Gov lock 14 bolt,never gotten stuck and has never broke down on me,ever(well...did go thru ALOT of front drive shafts,Alot,like a dozen,until I made my own,but other than that...).Accelerates as good as my '01 Duramax with the car behind it,actually would probably beat it from a stand-still to 35 mph pulling the car.The gas was killing me.9 mpg empty and only 4-5 mpg pulling a car.Sucks gas,no a/c and rides like a horse and buggy on a dry creek bed,but if I had to pick between it and my '01 to drive cross country,you better believe that Trusty(she EARNED that name!)is the one that I would depend on getting me there and back!!I tell ya,I have had some fun in this ol' truck.And some near-death experiences,too :shock: The stories I could tell ,I love this truck.I belive the Olds would have to move out before ol' Trusty did.Okay,theres my unsung hero,now I wanna see yours.The worse,the better!!

P.S. If you notice,Trusty doesn't have a winch,didn't ever need it.My Duramax??NEEDS IT!

Old 05-04-2008, 01:22 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Aw,come on.I know I'm not the only one that's a got a jalopy.It don't have to be real heap and it doesn't have to have a stout motor,either.I just wanna see the rides that get used EVERYday.I always preffered a beater/gettin'-there work in progress over a show car anyway Don't be ashamed,if you need something real rough to bring you guys out I can post pics of my '53 Willys.It's rough.Don't make me go there
Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

I would get a pic of my old winter beater 'burbon but my camera decided it wanted to skinny dip us in the swimming pool. :evil:
Old 05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

this red truck on the left is my daily driver 85 short bed , loud duals, 350, 350, rachet shifter, and some tunes the one on the right I dont drive much, my 67
short bed
Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Spib!!NICE!!67-72 Chevy trucks are the best body style ever.Gotta get my 72 going!!Keep 'em coming
Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM
slickgearhead
SHOW GUEST

Default I'll attach photos of Ol Blue my trusty worktruck.

How do you up load photos on this forum anyway?[/url]
Old 05-23-2008, 07:42 AM
slickgearhead
SHOW GUEST

Default I reviewed the information under options

I'll see what I can do.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: I'll attach photos of Ol Blue my trusty worktruck.

Originally Posted by slickgearhead
How do you up load photos on this forum anyway?[/url]
There is a post in the help section of the forum that tells how to do pics.That is the easiest way to do it.I would help you myself but I screw up 1/2 the time and would only make things worse.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:47 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WAIT----YOU ONLY SCREW UP HALF THE TIME??? ops: ops: ops:

NAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

LIVELY
Old 05-24-2008, 04:03 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
WAIT----YOU ONLY SCREW UP HALF THE TIME??? ops:
More than that,buddy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -