Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's see the beaters!Bring out your redheaded step-vehicles

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Let's see the beaters!Bring out your redheaded step-vehicles

Allright.All the show cars and race cars that could pass for show cars are nice.But I would love to see the beaters that people got stored away!!Cars,trucks,vans,whatever.You know you got one.We all got a beater that gets the job done and we never show off the work horses.I'll start with my 1979 K20.406 sbc 11:1 with a COMP 4x4 extreme cam.SM 465 Granny-box with 205 t-case.Rides on 35s and 3.73's and a Gov lock 14 bolt,never gotten stuck and has never broke down on me,ever(well...did go thru ALOT of front drive shafts,Alot,like a dozen,until I made my own,but other than that...).Accelerates as good as my '01 Duramax with the car behind it,actually would probably beat it from a stand-still to 35 mph pulling the car.The gas was killing me.9 mpg empty and only 4-5 mpg pulling a car.Sucks gas,no a/c and rides like a horse and buggy on a dry creek bed,but if I had to pick between it and my '01 to drive cross country,you better believe that Trusty(she EARNED that name!)is the one that I would depend on getting me there and back!!I tell ya,I have had some fun in this ol' truck.And some near-death experiences,too :shock: The stories I could tell ,I love this truck.I belive the Olds would have to move out before ol' Trusty did.Okay,theres my unsung hero,now I wanna see yours.The worse,the better!!

P.S. If you notice,Trusty doesn't have a winch,didn't ever need it.My Duramax??NEEDS IT!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Aw,come on.I know I'm not the only one that's a got a jalopy.It don't have to be real heap and it doesn't have to have a stout motor,either.I just wanna see the rides that get used EVERYday.I always preffered a beater/gettin'-there work in progress over a show car anyway Don't be ashamed,if you need something real rough to bring you guys out I can post pics of my '53 Willys.It's rough.Don't make me go there
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I would get a pic of my old winter beater 'burbon but my camera decided it wanted to skinny dip us in the swimming pool. :evil:
    1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
    418ci SBC v8, manual 5-speed.
    dual stage nitrous injected

this red truck on the left is my daily driver 85 short bed , loud duals, 350, 350, rachet shifter, and some tunes the one on the right I dont drive much, my 67
    short bed

Thanks Spib!!NICE!!67-72 Chevy trucks are the best body style ever.Gotta get my 72 going!!Keep 'em coming

I'll attach photos of Ol Blue my trusty worktruck.

How do you up load photos on this forum anyway?[/url]

I reviewed the information under options

I'll see what I can do.

Re: I'll attach photos of Ol Blue my trusty worktruck.

Quote Originally Posted by slickgearhead
    How do you up load photos on this forum anyway?[/url]
    There is a post in the help section of the forum that tells how to do pics.That is the easiest way to do it.I would help you myself but I screw up 1/2 the time and would only make things worse.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    WAIT----YOU ONLY SCREW UP HALF THE TIME??? ops: ops: ops:

NAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively
    WAIT----YOU ONLY SCREW UP HALF THE TIME??? ops:
    More than that,buddy.