Thread: Different types of transbrakes

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Different types of transbrakes

Can some one please help me understand when you use a pro tree, full tree, bracket brake,and so on as they call them. I am trying to pick a new valve body for my powerglide, its in a 290" blown bbc rear engine dragster. I am mostly just going to the track to play and all the tracks around here are bracket race. Thanks!!!

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I would go with the "Pro Tree" brake.. I like TSR there good people and always there to help anytime...The APG-28999pt brake has the safety reverse. That means you need to depress the TB button to back up. It does require some case modification's but it not hard and the instructions are on line on there web sight...

Also if you ever decide to do some super class racing your all set to get that four 0 lite that you will need :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but why do you use each valve body? Thanks!!!

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    The "Pro-tree" transbrake releases faster by usually having 2 dumps for the fluid from the reverse piston. This is so that you can go red on a Pro (0.400) tree. The brake will need to have the button/solenoid activated for reverse to work.

The "full-tree" and "bracket" brakes are the same, I believe. These are your more standard slower reacting transbrakes. The ones that I have owned do not need for the button to be pushed for reverse to work. If you are running off of a full-tree (0.500) with a delay box, the extra delay of the brake releasing is figured into the number on the box. They are usually over 0.500 seconds release & reaction time, but they can sometimes be faster. If you are leaving off of the bottom bulb, then you will want the brake to release & reaction to be closer to the 0.500 delay between the bulbs.

Bill Mitchell

HElp Help heLP

Any other opinions????????????????????????????????????? Why does everyone not want a brake that releases quick? with the exception of hitting the tires hard?

6. Racing Junk