Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predator carb?

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Predator carb?

Everyone on this site should pat themselves on the back. I am always impressed with the knowledge and attitudes on this site. I have a predator without the idle circuits. Don't laugh, I know it is ancient but it interests me. I have a 3000 lb Nova with a high comp 427, 4200 stall, 3.89gears. How would it work? Thanks!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Predator?Is that the square looking carb with the eagle on it?They look so cooll!I always wanted to try one!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

I remember those...aren't they supposed to be like unlimited cfm or something off the wall like that? man haven't seen one of them in years. interested to hear how that works.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    My cousin had a 427 with a two carb predator setup on it and it ran exrtremely well.

Member JOURNEYMAN
    I really want to know about the predator carb. also!! sorry about not helping. Seems like the carb would be perfect on any engine in theory. It gives it the right amount of gas at all times, seems too good to be true.

Somebody, please help.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Just thought I'd chime in on this one. I used to take care of the bulletin board for Dale Barlet (he owns Predator), and the majority of his tech calls and posts. Haven't done that in a while, although a couple of years ago he offered the company to me. I just didn't have the capital to do the deal..........Sucks because it was a smoking deal and included a bunch of CNC machines.............Anyway, pm me and I'll help you out all I can. I'd do it now, but only have a few minutes before I'm off to Denver for the day. (I live in Steamboat Springs) I'll post on the forum as well, after I've helped you out. Easier for me that way, I'll just cut and paste. You can email me too if you choose: racerx111us@yahoo.com

Mark

Administrator RACING JUNKIE
    There Is 1 Thing Better Than Cubic Inches,,,More Of Them

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

predator

Bud had 1 on his 68 camaro with a 427, ran very well for the earlt 80s, and yes, it did attract attention. :lol:

It was the only carb the original BIGFOOT would use and he kicked butt with it for many years.
    I was always under the impression it was more of a torque carb, not much top end. Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Thanks, everyone! What little research I have done they work on a variable venturi principle. Idea is great but I cannot find anyone in my area who has run one.