Thread: PINKS ALLOUT E-TOWN MUFFLERS?

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN

PINKS ALLOUT E-TOWN MUFFLERS?

Any sugestions on mufflers for Pinks All Out English Town? I have a 70' chevelle with a 355 roller engine, P/G W/Brake ect. 31/2" collectors and we have to run min 2 chamber mufflers. I called Jeggs, they sugested the Thrush welded mufflers. They told me they are the same as the Flowmasters, & that Flowmasters patten is up so everyone can copy that design? Now the Thrush are less than 1/3 the cost of Flowmasters. As far as money is concerned its the way to go. Anyone have another reson to go Flowmaster over the Thrush? Just looking for imput,
    Thank you Killer Ken

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    You might want to read this post on another site started by Joe Sherman. His recommendation is for Magnaflow.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...=10580&start=0

Bill Mitchell

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    That's good information. I'm glad I read this. We are about to purchase a car to go N/E racing and I want to have it quiet enough to start it up with out disturbing the neighbors. We are wanting to make our car streetable as well so we can dirve to the Sonic for a burger on Saturday night, church on Sunday, and possibly to some of the local car shows that are close enough that I really wouldn't need to trailer it . I want to get the best of both worlds and like a lot of folks I'm looking for the quietest mufflers with the most power.
    One other thing, what about mufflers with an X pipe set up? I heard that an X pipe can help with horse power and noise because of the scavenging and the design creates some noise cancelation. Is there any truth to that??

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    If you go with the Magaflow mufflers after the collector put some tail pipes on it, say just bufore the rear axle. That will also give it a deep mellow tone. Down spouts are a must........Good Luck at pinks

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by sg1586
    If you go with the Magaflow mufflers after the collector put some tail pipes on it, say just bufore the rear axle. That will also give it a deep mellow tone. Down spouts are a must........Good Luck at pinks
    I kicked that idea around too. We are looking at a 1st gen camaro(s) that could be SG/SP and we will run either a 14:1 racing gas 540 or a 10:1 pump gas version. I figure the pump gas version would be noticably quieter, that's why I am considering it even though I would be giving up some HP. It sound like right now from the conversations I have had on this forum that I will try the Magnaflows and run the pipes out to in front of the back wheels to get rid of some of the noise and to help keep exhaust fumes out of the car.