Thread: Need pics of Parachute installation

Need pics of Parachute installation

Hey all you hotrodders out there. I'm wanting to install a Parachute on my Nova but lack the actual method of installation. Any tips or pics would be appreciated. Might be more difficult due to the car being complete. Not trying to butcher anything up.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Here you go

Safety Chute pics

Thanks a bunch! What type fasteners are holding the pack mount to the car? Where/what should the actual Parachute strap be mounted to? Is there lots of welding involved? Never had a chute on any of the cars I owned in the past. Definetly something new for me. I'm looking to order from JEGS tomorrow morning. I'm guessing it will come with instructions?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: Safety Chute pics

Quote Originally Posted by TXRATTDADDY
    Thanks a bunch! What type fasteners are holding the pack mount to the car? Where/what should the actual Parachute strap be mounted to? Is there lots of welding involved? Never had a chute on any of the cars I owned in the past. Definetly something new for me. I'm looking to order from JEGS tomorrow morning. I'm guessing it will come with instructions?

The strap is mounted to the frame. You will need to get a kit that has most of what you will need to do the mount. Vanishing point Race cars has a nice kit and there are other also. You will have to make what you will need for your car and you will have to tig maost of it together...Good luck