Thread: super sucker

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

super sucker

Awhile back there was a discussion about carb spacers . I went to the dyno yesterday and i ran my open 1 inch spacer made by transdapt and then i ran a 1 inch super sucker spacer.....well i was shocked as the i lost 14 hp with the super sucker over the transdapt.........we did 3 pulls with the spacer with same results...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: super sucker

Quote Originally Posted by fishman1
    Awhile back there was a discussion about carb spacers . I went to the dyno yesterday and i ran my open 1 inch spacer made by transdapt and then i ran a 1 inch super sucker spacer.....well i was shocked as the i lost 14 hp with the super sucker over the transdapt.........we did 3 pulls with the spacer with same results...
    I honestly am not suprised I've used the super sucker before with same results. I still am liking this one
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    That sucks. :P

What intake did you use ?
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    info@cnc-motorsports.com

super victor

Just curious, we have seen some spacers actually loose power, the only thing we can think of is there was enough or to much plenum volume.

The transdapt spacer by hamburger is a nice spacer, we have been using this spacer as well and see 7-10 hp gain on most builds.

What kind of power did you engine make ?
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    info@cnc-motorsports.com

My builder just got done with my motor today and about the last thing I have to buy is the carb spacer and I am at a little bit of a loss here. This motor has to sustain 7600-8000 rpm for 12-15 seconds.

My motor is a BBC 540, 14.2:1 comp., Dart 355 CNC heads, R.M. CNC Super Victor intake, 1200 cfm Pro-Systems gas carb, cam is 799 & 765 lift w/ 284 & 294 durations @50, and a vacuum pump.

Any guesses on the hp and tq?

I made about 12hp and smoothed out my powerband when I used the 2" wilson manifolds tapered spacer vs. 1" open spacer. But I'm running a standard victor jr on a 434, so I think my motor wanted the taller spacer.