Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 PM
bakerboys
APPRENTICE

Default big brodie heads

i got a set of big brodie heads what should i do to them to beef them up
Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Those heads are pretty stout and shouldn't need anything but checking for your particular combo, I.E> correct spring pressure, valve installed height, coil bind for the cam your running.
Are the heads new or used? What are you putting them on and whats the intended use?
Charles
Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Which heads are they? BB-2, BB-2plus, etc etc. Alot of the Brodix heads say, or said, Big Brodies under the valve cover. Then, the next question, what is the application, and engine combo?, and how fast are you teying to run? THose few questions need to be answered, before we can give you more info

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Old 04-11-2008, 09:20 AM
bakerboys
APPRENTICE

i dont know the exact numbers on them right now. i am off at college tryin to get some ideas or tips. when i get around them again i will post the numbers. they are used the guy who i got them from used them with a blower. i am trying to put together a 512 ci bbc with about 13.5 compression ratio car is a 1985 buick regal. i want to run 9 seconds with a hit or two of juice. the block i a 2 bolt main it comes out a 1991 chevy dully work truck.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:14 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bakerboys
i dont know the exact numbers on them right now. i am off at college tryin to get some ideas or tips. when i get around them again i will post the numbers. they are used the guy who i got them from used them with a blower. i am trying to put together a 512 ci bbc with about 13.5 compression ratio car is a 1985 buick regal. i want to run 9 seconds with a hit or two of juice. the block i a 2 bolt main it comes out a 1991 chevy dully work truck.
If you can't run 9s without the bottle with a 512, Big Brodies, and 13.5:1, you're doing something majorly wrong.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by bakerboys
If you can't run 9s without the bottle with a 512, Big Brodies, and 13.5:1, you're doing something majorly wrong.
I agree :!: A lot of small blocks could power that car to the 9's big block will have no problem
Old 04-19-2008, 01:56 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Check my Forum listings about big brodies. theres alot of good information from some good guys on there.