Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powdercoat question

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Powdercoat question

Is it okay to powder coat a gear carrier and brake drums.I didn't know if the heat(450 degrees ain't it?)would hurt or distort anything :?: Thanks for any ideas.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Re: Powdercoat question

Quote Originally Posted by olds48
    Is it okay to powder coat a gear carrier and brake drums.I didn't know if the heat(450 degrees ain't it?)would hurt or distort anything :?: Thanks for any ideas.
    Not sure about brake drums but gear carrier is ok, I've did it before and seen several others do it with no issues.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

powdercoat

called a friend of mine today, who owns a powdercoat buisness. he said carrier no problem brahe drums to thin in the center and that more than likely they would warp. after he answered my question he asked me one. How many times are you going to ask me this?now i remember why ive been priming and painting them, because ive asked him so many times befoe. i HATE GETTIG OLD. but it beats the alternative!

:lol: :lol: Thanks guys.I kinda thought so on the drums,too.About getting old..I'm only 27(be 28 in 2 days,actually :shock: )man...I can't remember anything!!I think cam2 and VHT must kill brain cells or....uhmm...???what was we talking about???....oooh...look....something shiny!!!......
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    IT IS OK TO LOOK AT THE SHINY /PRETTY THINGS BUT YOU MUST NEVVVVVVVVVVVER TOUCH THEM :x :x :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY early, Dude
    suicidebomb
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    BOY OLDSIE--I AM NEARLY TWICE YOUR AGE :shock: :shock: :shock: ---YOU ARE REALLY YOUNG[ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY]-----I HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS MORE :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIVELY

Thanks guys.I hope to make it a while.Said I'd never live to see 25,made that.Now just gotta get to 30 without killing myself with a car Women don't help things :roll:What makes them think it's a good idea to grab the wheel when you're going for second gear during a really sweet looking sideways drift??One of these days......

Quote Originally Posted by olds48
    Thanks guys.I hope to make it a while.Said I'd never live to see 25,made that.Now just gotta get to 30 without killing myself with a car Women don't help things :roll:What makes them think it's a good idea to grab the wheel when you're going for second gear during a really sweet looking sideways drift??One of these days......
    Man i know thats right, If Ida known I was going live this long, Ida took better care of myself!
    suicidebomb
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Well said Sbomb :lol: :lol:BTW,love your Fiat!!!Thing is sick 8)