Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to go bigger on my 65 mustang. bbf or bbc

I want to go bigger on my 65 mustang. bbf or bbc

What would I have to change ?
    Would I be able to use my transmission if I buy a 460 big block ford (It's a 4 speed top loader transmission and a 9inch rearend )? I'm going pro-street ,weld draglite rims 18.50x31 in rear and m/t's up front . How much do I need to spend in parts to install a big block chevy and transmission? Thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    BBC

This will not be done by just buying some parts and bolting either one of these engines into place. Ok, someone with good fabricating skills will be necessary! This will be pretty difficult job, one for a guy with a lot of experience, swapping engines into places theyv*e never been before!

suicidebomb
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    BUILD YOU A NICE STROKER SBF AND YOU WILL BE VERY IMPRESSED/USE SOME NICE REAR GEARS/ GOOD SUSPENSION/ AND GOOD TIRES AND THEN YOU CAN HANG ON FOR A GREAT RIDE----HOW FAST AND WHAT USE WILL THIS 65 SEE?? MORE INFO WOULD HELP----ANYTHING CAN AND HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER[ IT JUST TAKES ALOT OF THOUGHT AND HARD WORK] :shock: :shock: :shock: ---LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively
    BUILD YOU A NICE STROKER SBF AND YOU WILL BE VERY IMPRESSED/USE SOME NICE REAR GEARS/ GOOD SUSPENSION/ AND GOOD TIRES AND THEN YOU CAN HANG ON FOR A GREAT RIDE----HOW FAST AND WHAT USE WILL THIS 65 SEE?? MORE INFO WOULD HELP----ANYTHING CAN AND HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER[ IT JUST TAKES ALOT OF THOUGHT AND HARD WORK] :shock: :shock: :shock: ---LIVELY
    Excellent! wish I*d said that!
    suicidebomb
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Stay with the small block .....trust me .I had 4 - 69 stangs with big blocks.To change plugs you'd have to stop drinking for 2 week before, :cry: and it still was one hell of a job to get the middle 2 plugs out. :roll: lol
    LIFE STARTS AT 598ci.

My buddy has a 460 in his '67 Mustang.Very tight to work on.Car is extremely nose heavy,too.Car has 62% nose weight.Smallblock would defenitely help with that.I'm a Chevy guy and have always had big blocks,but after watching some guys at the track,got me to wanting to build a small block.But for a street car,small blocks are way more fun.JMO
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER gearhead1011's Avatar
    If that '65 has the stock front clip you're gonna have to modify the spring towers to get anything bigger than a small block in it. Even a windsor will be a little hard to work on. With the right bellhousing you should be able to bolt the 460 right to the top loader and you should be able to buy an adapter for the BBC. But, I'm with lively, build a stroker for it. 8)

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    ive never seen a bbf in a chevy....but ive seen bbc in fords.....

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
    ive never seen a bbf in a chevy....but ive seen bbc in fords.....
    ONE THING THAT YOU PROVED BY THAT STATEMENT IS YOU MUST LIVE IN A CAVE

THERE IS SOME CAMAROS/ CHEVELLES/ NOVAS/ AND CHEVY TRUCKS AROUND MY PARTS THAT RUN SBF/BBF/CADS/OLDS/PONTIAC/ OR EVEN OLD STYLE HEMIS----THE CHEVY EMBLEM MEANS NOTHING AT ALL IF THEY CAN'T BUILD THE ENGINES AND GET IT TO THE GROUND

YEAH- I AM PARTIAL[ TO ANYTHING THAT SOMEONE WANTS TO BUILD] AS LONG AS THEY PUT THERE 'OWN' BLOOD /SWEAT/ AND TEARS IN IT

GROW UP AND RELIZE THERE ARE OTHER POWER PLANTS BESIDE CHEVY RUNNING AT THE STRIP AND TEARING UP THE ROADS ON CRUISES

BOY--I FEEL BETTER NOW

LIVELY