Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picking a new intake for 454 BBC

Junior Member APPRENTICE

Picking a new intake for 454 BBC

I'm doing some work to my 454 BBC just bought a set of good oval port heads and a new cam. I'm trying to figure out what type of intake to run. I've talked to some people and they say victor jr, is this a god intake?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    dont get a team g ...
    victor intakes are good intakes
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    what is the difference between victor and victor jr?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

victors

The victor has a dominator flange, the jr, dont. :wink:

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    thank you, for explaining the difference , so would you recommend the victor jr.

Re: victors

Quote Originally Posted by topcat572
    The victor has a dominator flange, the jr, dont. :wink:

I thought a 454-R or a 454-O was a "Victor Junior" ? if so You can buy a Victor Junior with a Dominator flange or 4150 flange... :?

edit:
    I just looked at mine...it is a 454-R and it says "Victor Jr." on it and 454-R....The 454-R is available with a 4500 flange or the 4150 Flange. It is a great intake in my opinion. I have had two of them.

p.s. 454-O is the same exact intake as 454-R just has oval ports rather than rect. The meat is there if you wanted to open it up later on...I had a 454-O with my old motor and rather than port it I sold it and bought the 454-R

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    i run a 454-r..but i did run a team "g"..the newer team "g"s are better then the older ones...but if i had to buy one i would go with the 454-r.

if you want a worked team "g" dominater flange...i have one you can buy cheap...just pm me..

oh yeah my motor ( 511 ci) ran a 5.99 at 114mph @ 3,000 lbs with this team "g'.....don't know what the 454-r will pick it up ( on gas with same carb) but will find out soon.

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

manifold

You are correct, the 454-r and 454-o are the same dominator intake with different ports. These are listed as Victors in the catalog. The only oval port Victor Jr. listed is with a 4150 carburetor. May be they more than is listed or things may have changed since Your intake was made. Man, this is confusing. :shock:

Re: manifold

Quote Originally Posted by topcat572
    You are correct, the 454-r and 454-o are the same dominator intake with different ports. These are listed as Victors in the catalog. The only oval port Victor Jr. listed is with a 4150 carburetor. May be they more than is listed or things may have changed since Your intake was made. Man, this is confusing. :shock:
    Yep..you are right...My 4150 flanged one has "Victor Jr." embossed on it..but I just saw a 454-R with a Dominator flange on ebay and it only says "Victor"

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Ive only ever heard good things about victor Jnr manifolds and every one is running them and making very good power out of them.