Thread: TCI th-400 transbrake,how good/quick is it?

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

TCI th-400 transbrake,how good/quick is it?

im wondering are they all the same or do they differ?im looking at an art carr,hipster,and i seen one on ebay(redneck brand 300 bucks) thanks in advance!

HOW IS THE TCI BRAND?HOW QUICK OF A RELEASE IS IT COMPARED TO OTHERS?IS IT "PRO TREE"?

by the way the brake is for a 9 inch converter 3000 total lbs weight moderate nitrous use tube chassis door car

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    I have a coan transbrake, not a lick of trouble. Consistant .005-.016 on a .500 pro tree if i'm paying attention. This is in a 3400lb car with a 650hp SBC.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    i spoke with my tranny guy on the phone and he says he uses and likes the tci brake.he said he likes it better than hipster,and its only about $315.so my question is,is the brake a good one?

also is it considered a "pro-tree" brake?any input on how fast it is would be great.thank you in advance

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

Trans Brakes

ATD Hipster Pro Brake is suppose to be the quikest releasing brake out. Through my own experiance ATD is the only trans that I will put in my cars. Great service, very consistant, and reliable.

Call and talk to Charlie, I have tried other's over the years. One of which I brought the line pressure up. set the brake, box timed out, and I launched at 4600 rpm in reverse. One of the few times I ever had to check my shorts! To see if I sht myself.

JMT

5. Racing Junk